Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yep. I want the Avs and Stars done asap more than anything else. I hate the Knights and Jets, but I absolutely loathe Dallas and Colorado. It's a very deep hate for Colorado going back decades.
Ewww, I'll take the Avs winning over the Jets winning. Jets fans deserve misery.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yep. I want the Avs and Stars done asap more than anything else. I hate the Knights and Jets, but I absolutely loathe Dallas and Colorado. It's a very deep hate for Colorado going back decades.

I want Dallas or COL to win it all. Get Suter or Parise a Cup.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I want Dallas or COL to win it all. Get Suter or Parise a Cup.
Agree to disagree.

Ryan "Crosscheck to the back" Suter can go back to his farm next week for all I care. And Parise is just on the wrong team. He can go home early too.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Agree to disagree.

Ryan "Crosscheck to the back" Suter can go back to his farm next week for all I care. And Parise is just on the wrong team. He can go home early too.

Suter did the same things when he was in MN and nobody here was bent out of shape about it. I think it's funny that the guy GMBG paid to go away was the one who threw Kap off his game last year, MN missed the Playoffs completely this year, and adding a Cup to that would just be icing on the cake.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Recent cups deter misery better than 20+ year old ones, or so I would assume.

Not really. Just look at Bears fans and how many of them are still stuck in the 80s. Packers fans were the same way with SB 1 and 2 wins until Favre came along. MTL fans cling tight to their many Cups.

Even here fans cling to the 1 time that the Wild made it to the 3rd round.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not really. Just look at Bears fans and how many of them are still stuck in the 80s. Packers fans were the same way with SB 1 and 2 wins until Favre came along. MTL fans cling tight to their many Cups.

Even here fans cling to the 1 time that the Wild made it to the 3rd round.
Now listen kids, back in my younger years we'd walk to school in the snow, and the Wild got to the 3rd round. Now get off my lawn!

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Now listen kids, back in my younger years we'd walk to school in the snow, and the Wild got to the 3rd round. Now get off my lawn!

Damn Millennials... It was 02-03 when MN made it to the 3rd round.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
TBL fans aren't any more impressed by Dumba than ARI fans. Gets 3rd line TOI. He has been exposed away from Brodin.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
TBL fans aren't any more impressed by Dumba than ARI fans. Gets 3rd line TOI. He has been exposed away from Brodin.
His is the story of two careers. Up through 19-20, the year after his injury, he had pretty good advanced stats with favorable offensive zone starts (55% OZ - 45% DZ). Once he started getting used as a defensive defenseman (45% OZ - 55% DZ starts), his corsi and fenwick went from ~52-53% down to 46-48%.

Flawed that those stats may be, they tell a story here. He's an offensive defenseman who lost his hard, accurate shot, and so has been recast as a defensive defenseman, but he's not a natural fit at it. As such, he's going to either be a third pairing defender in the NHL, or a decent offensive defenseman in Europe. I'm afraid he's just about out of rope in the NHL, now. I really feel for him, he seems like a great guy.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He
His is the story of two careers. Up through 19-20, the year after his injury, he had pretty good advanced stats with favorable offensive zone starts (55% OZ - 45% DZ). Once he started getting used as a defensive defenseman (45% OZ - 55% DZ starts), his corsi and fenwick went from ~52-53% down to 46-48%.

Flawed that those stats may be, they tell a story here. He's an offensive defenseman who lost his hard, accurate shot, and so has been recast as a defensive defenseman, but he's not a natural fit at it. As such, he's going to either be a third pairing defender in the NHL, or a decent offensive defenseman in Europe. I'm afraid he's just about out of rope in the NHL, now. I really feel for him, he seems like a great guy.
He was awesome in the Dallas series. It’s hard to believe he fell off this hard. I think leaving MN broke him more than anything. Bring him home and let him play on the 3rd pair here.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad