Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Someone should have knocked the ref out of the crease when he was lecturing Rinne

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
We are so far away from these teams. Sobering.

You think so???? Tampa got pumped by Boston even worse than we did. They fought back. Nashville has been very uneven. So have sharks.

I haven’t seen any greatness from any of the teams for extended periods. We are behind. But not by a ton

Reactions: stickty111

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Agreed.

Next couple seasons in particular are going to be very important in setting this team up to be successful for the next decade. Need management to be on the top of their game

Yep.

Need to get some good picks for Gardiner, or Buffalo (among others) will pass the Leafs a few years down the road.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If the Jets win I will stop watching hockey. I don't want to deal with the people.

Maybe it was just the TV but their fans were very quiet between goals. When it was 4-4 they were sitting on their hands like Leafs fans.
FWIW, i.e. nothing, one of Vegas, SJ and Nash will win the best fans of the playoffs award.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
After watching a lot of Bruins hockey and teams like Tampa, Winnipeg etc, I've come to the realization that teams just cannot have any 'passengers' on the 1st line.

Babcock's idea of 2 skilled guys and grinder just doesn't work when the game is as tight in the playoffs. As much as I like Hyman, I think it's time to shift him to the 3rd. Maybe try him as 3C.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
After watching a lot of Bruins hockey and teams like Tampa, Winnipeg etc, I've come to the realization that teams just cannot have any 'passengers' on the 1st line.

Babcock's idea of 2 skilled guys and grinder just doesn't work when the game is as tight in the playoffs. As much as I like Hyman, I think it's time to shift him to the 3rd. Maybe try him as 3C.

hyman was not the problem in that series.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I had to adjust my rabbit ears to make sure I wasn’t watching a replay of the Preds Jets game. Nope Broons are down 2 early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad