Around the League: All Playoff Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
3 goal lead, worse lead in hockey, just ask Phil Kessel. I'm just curious if the Pens version of Matt Frattin missed a breakaway when they were up 3 :sarcasm:

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I was gonna say... Oshie didn't touch the puck before being hit there.

Little bit surprised they called it, but it is a penalty.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I thought it was to. The puck was in front of him but he had just touched it so I didn't think it was interference, I guess maybe that's what it was?

Can't be a penalty. Next time the guys about to pinch you you just let the puck go and you get a powerplay.:)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Give the Pens the puck down by their goal line in a tight spot, they're guaranteed shoot it over the glass :sarcasm:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I thought it was to. The puck was in front of him but he had just touched it so I didn't think it was interference, I guess maybe that's what it was?

Yeah, looked like it was played up the boards and Oshie went to get and Letang hit him before he touched the puck.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This is terrible reasoning. No one player can drive a team to the cup. ZERO. Not even Sidney Crosby.

Hockey is a team game. Phil Kessel can be a key contributor of a cup contender when it matters most, as he is proving now.

I corrected what I meant.

I wasn't talking about the trade. It had to be done, we had to rebuild. I'm talking about how Kessel was treated here. It was pathetic.

Lastly, Kessel was my favourite player for 6 years. I got mocked for just being a fan of his. Just imagine what he dealt with.

well that's not right. i mean people can like whom they like and you shouldn't be mocked for whom you like. but at the same time - people can not like whom they want and they shouldn't be mocked for not liking them. :dunno:

in my opinion there's a lot to Phil's game that is left to be desired. and I know a lot of people went overboard with that. and there were a lot of people who took what Burke did and placed it on him and that wasn't fair either. It doesn't take away the point he can be an electrifying player or be a contributor in the playoffs. but again - i guess for me, it just doesn't change the fact that people can hate him. (or not hate him). I think it's just to be respectful towards one another about it.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
:laugh:

damnit i was gonna go to bed but now i neeed to see overtime

The sad part is if they lose this and then lose game 7 too, there will be plenty of people blaming Kessel as if it was his fault because it happened twice that his teams blew a 3 goal lead with a chance to win a series.

As if his 2 goals this game didn't happen or something

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The sad part is if they lose this and then lose game 7 too, there will be plenty of people blaming Kessel as if it was his fault because it happened twice that his teams blew a 3 goal lead with a chance to win a series.

As if his 2 goals this game didn't happen or something

pretty much. [and make that five goals in the series]
wouldn't be fair.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
holy ****, he not only save it, right on the shaft of his stick, to save their season, wow

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Forget that not going in, I don't even know how it deflected off Beagle's stick the way it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad