Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Knicks lost. Just one more MSG team left to lose in the next 10 days.

I'm just glad the 1994 talk will die down.

And I seem to recall we have a Knicks fan here, sorry but while the team is fun, I find it hilarious that they've now gone 51 years without a championship and now 25 years without a conference championship. But good lord year in and year out the NBA media props them up like they're the 90s Bulls or something.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm just glad the 1994 talk will die down.

And I seem to recall we have a Knicks fan here, sorry but while the team is fun, I find it hilarious that they've now gone 51 years without a championship and now 25 years without a conference championship. But good lord year in and year out the NBA media props them up like they're the 90s Bulls or something.
Shows how much attention I pay to the NBA, all I've heard about is Celtics and Nuggets, as well as the now ancient Warriors and ESPN endlessly discussing what LeBron had for breakfast or whatever the f***.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
2025. He's the captain of the team and plays a bigger role.
Is that the reason the league won't let him buyout? Or a reason Nikishin wouldn't want to? If it's the former then that's a sus line to draw which kind of violates the whole KHL transfer "agreement". If the latter we'll that doesn't make a ton of sense either unless he's making millions in the KHL already?

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I really wish one of the reporters covering the team would ask and keep asking questions about a buyout or transfer agreement concerning Nikishin. I get there is a PR and political thing to consider with the war still ongoing and embargos etc.. but other players have come over and if there is anything to the reports about Phillys prospect, we should be asking about it….

Maybe I have spent too much time watching football news and reading about potential transfer window deals for the European team I root for to not see it in a similar light. It’s non stop news shows and talk radio and YouTube “reporters” and social media insiders giving info about x team offering such and such deal to buy a player from this premier league club or that championship club or this gem of a prospect out of Brazil or unknown African nation, etc. etc etc…or the amount of money a team is on record or rumored to be demanding to sell x or y player….

So there really shouldn’t be too much taboo to at least ask if they are trying to at least discuss things with Nikishin club to see if they are open to the idea? If they offer a big number of dollars would they be open to it so that Nikishin can come over early?

Has the team spoken with Nikishin agent under the guise of player development to see if he would be open to coming early. Does the player and agent want our owner to push to try to get a settlement that all would agree to so that he can come to the nhl… etc etc etc…. It’s odd we haven’t heard anything.

Have the team not asked at all recently now that it’s only one year to go?

Have the reporters not asked the team about it at all recently? Have they asked Waddell and he has said he can’t answer that question because he thinks it’s tampering because he doesn’t know what is and isn’t allowed to be discussed?

In the absence of a transfer agreement at all with Russia is it all secret and hush hush and we just don’t talk about it?

If we aren’t re-signing our 3 UFA defensemen then these are important questions to ask or know more info rather than just assume it’s a non possible thing until the end of next year…

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In the absence of a transfer agreement at all with Russia is it all secret and hush hush and we just don’t talk about it?
The KHL thing was awkward during the better times, perhaps because everyone in position to make decisions knew that it was/is Putin's league to use soft power from eastern NATO countries to Beijing. One of the biggest teams is the Moscow army team. And on the other side, the paper work of loaning a NHL player to KHL was always a hassle. Now the situation being what it is, and especially with Russia being shut out from the international hockey, the contracting and the optics of contracting with KHL are awkeard to the power of n,

COMBINED with the fact that unlike the European football leagues where it is accepted that some teams like Real Madrid and ManU and Bayern Munchen and whatnot are giants, NHL is a cap league. If the rich teams could and would openly throw a couple of millions of grease money to buy out KHL contracts, there is the risk that some smaller teams would start whining about it, and it is very easy today to make a case of the moronity of giving millions of dollars to Russians.

Yet somehow, Philly did manage to eventually get their goalie guy who was deported to Novaya Zemlya for a while, so there's ways when there's will. But it is a delicate situation to maneuver, and certainly one where you don't want reporters to do the spinning for the public.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Is that the reason the league won't let him buyout? Or a reason Nikishin wouldn't want to? If it's the former then that's a sus line to draw which kind of violates the whole KHL transfer "agreement". If the latter we'll that doesn't make a ton of sense either unless he's making millions in the KHL already?
Reason why he won't leave vs Michkov. My guess would be not to sour his relationship with the club

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I really wish one of the reporters covering the team would ask and keep asking questions about a buyout or transfer agreement concerning Nikishin. I get there is a PR and political thing to consider with the war still ongoing and embargos etc.. but other players have come over and if there is anything to the reports about Phillys prospect, we should be asking about it….

Maybe I have spent too much time watching football news and reading about potential transfer window deals for the European team I root for to not see it in a similar light. It’s non stop news shows and talk radio and YouTube “reporters” and social media insiders giving info about x team offering such and such deal to buy a player from this premier league club or that championship club or this gem of a prospect out of Brazil or unknown African nation, etc. etc etc…or the amount of money a team is on record or rumored to be demanding to sell x or y player….

So there really shouldn’t be too much taboo to at least ask if they are trying to at least discuss things with Nikishin club to see if they are open to the idea? If they offer a big number of dollars would they be open to it so that Nikishin can come over early?

Has the team spoken with Nikishin agent under the guise of player development to see if he would be open to coming early. Does the player and agent want our owner to push to try to get a settlement that all would agree to so that he can come to the nhl… etc etc etc…. It’s odd we haven’t heard anything.

Have the reporters not asked the team about it at all recently? Have they asked Waddell and he has said he can’t answer that question because he thinks it’s tampering because he doesn’t know what is and isn’t allowed to be discussed?

If we aren’t re-signing our 3 UFA defensemen then these are important questions to ask or know more info rather than just assume it’s a non possible thing until the end of next year…
I'm sure the questions are being asked, but probably nobody is answering because nobody wants to get in trouble. I find it hard to believe that Michkov's contract is just being magically terminated when he's a star pretty much in the KHL already (or would be perhaps in a year or two), and there's no way he can afford to buy out the next like 2 (I think) years of his contract WITHOUT some "assistance." Philly already got one guy out of the KHL when it didn't seem like they should, and now another, but we somehow offered money over a year ago and our guy still can't/won't come over? It's more than a little sus

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

got your wish...Nikishin conversation was held with Waddell.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Geee.. you mean all I have to do is post about something and it magically happens the next day?

Wow... need to be careful with power this immense.... where shall I direct my focus next?..... hmmmmmmm...
I could use a bag of money.

Reactions: DaveG

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Shows how much attention I pay to the NBA, all I've heard about is Celtics and Nuggets, as well as the now ancient Warriors and ESPN endlessly discussing what LeBron had for breakfast or whatever the f***.
NY sports radio was insufferable of late, especially regarding knicks having a chance to beat the Celtics. will not happen now and would have been an easy series win for the Celtics if it did happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad