Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Marner has to be done in Toronto, but who the f*** wants to pay $11+ (God knows what his next contract will look like) for a ghost in the playoffs?
I imagine he'll have suitors, but if they move him, their fans are not going to like the return. At all.

I'm almost looking forward to see what it is just to compare the demands that will inevitably be made on the trade board with the return.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I imagine he'll have suitors, but if they move him, their fans are not going to like the return. At all.

I'm almost looking forward to see what it is just to compare the demands that will inevitably be made on the trade board with the return.
Remember when Tavares was leaving New York and all the Islanders fans had deluded themselves into thinking he would stay right up until he signed with Toronto? I think that's what we're headed for here. The Leafs would rather lose Marner as a free agent for nothing than deal with the fallout from trading him.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Remember when Tavares was leaving New York and all the Islanders fans had deluded themselves into thinking he would stay right up until he signed with Toronto? I think that's what we're headed for here. The Leafs would rather lose Marner as a free agent for nothing than deal with the fallout from trading him.
to be fair to Isles fans on that one, Tavares was adamant about not being traded at the deadline that year when he was approaching UFA, about wanting to work out a long-term deal there. He stabbed them in the back like a Roman Senator.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don’t blame anyone for using less than reputable stream sources for this. You can pay for a service and still not get the games. I pay for espn+ but the games on espn aren’t covered. I have my parents log in from their cable and get the espn games now. I use their cable log in for the tbs and tnt apps when applicable. Not user friendly at all.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Why can't Utah?

One reason is because the Coyotes always got moved down in the draft lottery. They would have had Eichel had Edmonton not jumped them in 2015 for instance. No guarantees but Eichel could have been the star that franchise needed to gain long-term interest. I don't recall them picking higher than 3 that year despite them being projected in the top 3 a couple of times.

The other is I'm annoyed at people who don't understand why the Coyotes never built a stable fanbase (why would they?) yet think Utah will be a smashing success because it snows there.

If they win so be it but I'd rather any other Western Conference team win instead.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The ticker just announced that PLD will not be bought out.

Who the hell thought he was going to be bought out because year one went bad?!?
It was pretty bad with no change in his lack of effort. It isn’t the town that is the issue but the player. and he has a chance to be bought out at 1/3. LA doesn’t have a long shelf life and they made it shorter with PLD

Reactions: Chrispy and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It was pretty bad with no change in his lack of effort. It isn’t the town that is the issue but the player. and he has a chance to be bought out at 1/3. LA doesn’t have a long shelf life and they made it shorter with PLD
That does not add up to a buyout. He had 40 pts, not 4. I don’t think much of him either but I don’t think there’s any way in hell he’d get bought out. They invested a lot in trade and money in him and it takes guys time to settle with a team, even ones with history like PLD’s.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
That does not add up to a buyout. He had 40 pts, not 4. I don’t think much of him either but I don’t think there’s any way in hell he’d get bought out. They invested a lot in trade and money in him and it takes guys time to settle with a team, even ones with history like PLD’s.
If it was a system thing, no one would suggest buying him out. Its not. Its the same PLD effort level issue. They either have to buy him out in a small window for 1/3 or potentially have to live with his effort levels dragging the team down for 7 more years

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
To each their own I suppose but I don't understand why we don't see more "new" hires. Lot of retreads at the coaching position. And if this is the route you're going, why Green? Gallant, Berube, hell even Boudreau are available?

Senators are a strange franchise.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Bob lucky x2 so far. Dude hits the post after the net was wide open because kulikov cross checked debrusk into bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad