Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Honestly, I'd be more worried if I were the Jets. Great goaltending from Hellebuck was the main reason they got this far, and the Avs just put up 6 against him.

The Avs knew they had questionable goaltending already, so their performance in net isn't as concerning.

I’m rarely so right, so far in advanced, so I’m going to take this moment to say:

giphy.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Outside the Canes, of course, the teams in the West are so much more entertaining now to watch and frankly, to like. If only it didn't require so much sleep deprivation to watch them.
I have felt this way for a long time, something about the western conference playoffs is just so much better to watch for me. In the past I could stay up and watch it all, this run I really haven't seen any of those games though as they're just so late.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I have felt this way for a long time, something about the western conference playoffs is just so much better to watch for me. In the past I could stay up and watch it all, this run I really haven't seen any of those games though as they're just so late.

to be honest, i enjoy the western conference games more because i have a lot of built in hate for most of the assholes in the east since we deal with them so much more often, and are more likely to deal with their fans since so much of the eastern half of the continent seems to love moving to the area.

being able to just appreciate the teams is nice. if we played colorado more (or winnipeg, or the kings, or...) i'm pretty sure i'd hate their guts.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

They've been so much better to watch. I've lost hours of sleep because I just can't look away. :laugh:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
to be honest, i enjoy the western conference games more because i have a lot of built in hate for most of the assholes in the east since we deal with them so much more often, and are more likely to deal with their fans since so much of the eastern half of the continent seems to love moving to the area.

being able to just appreciate the teams is nice. if we played colorado more (or winnipeg, or the kings, or...) i'm pretty sure i'd hate their guts.
I think the top is my problem too...I can't watch them with any objectivity because I'm either strongly pulling for one team, or hate one...or like BOS-TOR hate both (and FLA-TBL honestly). Out west I can pull for a team, but I'm not AS invested, so every little mistake isn't amplified and scrutinized and internalized like when I'm watching MY team...I can just enjoy good hockey. I'm still pulling for a DAL-CAR final, even if that is the only other team we don't get home-ice advantage against.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Pietrangelo just bitch-slapped Seguin, and Dallas scored the go ahead goal on the powerplay. What a braindead play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad