Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Other than Foegele, Bean, Svech, Necas, Wallmark, Nedeljkovic, Kochetkov, Drury, Maenalanen (end of 19), Geekie, Lorentz, Chatfield and Jarvis. Other than that, he hasn't used any prospects in his tenure. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, the difficult part the last 3 seasons is the Canes have been the second best team in the NHL with cup aspirations and a veteran team with not many holes to fill so it's hard to fill those roles. On top of that, we haven't had a top half of the 1st round draft pick other than Jarvis and most of our best prospects weren't available to play in the NHL (Nikishin, Morrow, Nadeau). Hard to crack the line-up on a team like that. About the only guy that was probably "ready" but with no spot was Pono.

That said, I thought one of the issues the Canes had with Warofsky and why they wanted to fire him was because he wasn't playing the prospects over vets in Chicago, Kochetkov specifically.
I completely agree with your overall statement. I originally put "he did a good job developing players" and thought I'd get pushback about the veterans brought in to play lower level minutes. But plenty of good examples otherwise.

Also, because the point was Warsofsky developing players: Foegele and Wallmark in Charlotte were before Warsofsky's time, Svech never played in the AHL, and Maenalanen played half a season in Charlotte when Warsofsky was an assistant coach. Necas played a full season in Charlotte with Warsofsky as an assistant coach (18-19).

The rest all had some time under Warsofsky as a head coach (19-20 through 21-22.)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I completely agree with your overall statement. I originally put "he did a good job developing players" and thought I'd get pushback about the veterans brought in to play lower level minutes. But plenty of good examples otherwise.

Also, because the point was Warsofsky developing players: Foegele and Wallmark in Charlotte were before Warsofsky's time, Svech never played in the AHL, and Maenalanen played half a season in Charlotte when Warsofsky was an assistant coach. Necas played a full season in Charlotte with Warsofsky as an assistant coach (18-19).

The rest all had some time under Warsofsky as a head coach (19-20 through 21-22.)
And all of this is a convoluted side argument just to say:

I think Warsofsky makes sense as a head coach while the Sharks play kids to rebuild.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So, why is Nylander missing for the Leafs?
Paul Bissonnette has been screaming about this since game 1, and said he’s asked all his sources to no avail.

2 things:
NHL franchises are more tight lipped than usual regarding injuries during the postseason.

NHL franchises are not making an exception to this policy for Paul Bissonnette.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
LOL. Bertuzzi's been trying to get under Marchand's skin all night and took himself out of the play. Love it.

Mehhh… I mean that’ll be what they say on Twitter and stuff but like, Bertuzzi would’ve had nothing to do with defending that and that’s as soft a goal as you’re gonna give up. If anything, taking Marchand out of the play guaranteed a safe/soft shot from the outside. Samsonov just whiffed.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Mehhh… I mean that’ll be what they say on Twitter and stuff but like, Bertuzzi would’ve had nothing to do with defending that and that’s as soft a goal as you’re gonna give up. If anything, taking Marchand out of the play guaranteed a safe/soft shot from the outside. Samsonov just whiffed.
No. Bertuzzi took himself out of the play. He would have easily blocked that shot. You can't convince me otherwise. Samsonov played it brilliantly.

In fact, that play by Bertuzzi caused the 2nd goal as well.

Stop ruining my narrative.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No. Bertuzzi took himself out of the play. He would have easily blocked that shot. You can't convince me otherwise. Samsonov played it brilliantly.

Stop ruining my narrative.
I mean, Beetuzzi might have been able to block if Marchand didn't blatantly trip him on the blue line while the puck was coming up the ice

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I mean, Beetuzzi might have been able to block if Marchand didn't blatantly trip him on the blue line while the puck was coming up the ice
After Bertuzzi slashed the Rat pretty good a time or two. They were letting it go no reason for the Laughs to complain.

Also I'm really conflicted by this game I mean most of the Broons are pretty hate-able, and the Laughs have about the same amount of punch able faces. Also I hate the Broons and the longer the Laughs choke in the playoffs the better for comedic value.
Not sure what I'm cheering for here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad