Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
I am all in on them being the Miners, mainly for the inevitable Nashville vs Utah playoff series. Hockey's most intense rivalry
1713820753036.png

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My guesses:

Venom (Snake/Scorpion longshot)
Yeti (Yeti)
Blizzard (Snowflake?)
Outlaws (Cowboy)
Miners (Miner)
Yodelers (Ricola guy)
Eagles (Eagles)
Utah Hockey Club (Some Gritty lookalike)
We're all thinking the mascot has to align with the team name, when we have a team that has a hog as our mascot. Flyers have Gritty. Canadiens have Youupie (sp?), Leafs have a bear, Flames have a hound, Wings have an octopus, Islanders have a dragon, etc...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We're all thinking the mascot has to align with the team name, when we have a team that has a hog as our mascot. Flyers have Gritty. Canadiens have Youupie (sp?), Leafs have a bear, Flames have a hound, Wings have an octopus, Islanders have a dragon, etc...

I don't know the reasoning behind the Leafs' bear or the Islanders' dragon, but I believe the Flames hound is firefighter-related? And the octopus for Detroit is obvious.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't know the reasoning behind the Leafs' bear or the Islanders' dragon, but I believe the Flames hound is firefighter-related? And the octopus for Detroit is obvious.
Oh, the octopus is obvious, but my point is that has nothing to do with "Red Wings".

A hog is somewhat obvious for North Carolina, just has nothing to do with a hurricane.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
A lot of the pundits seem to be hopping on the Oiler bandwagon and McJesus might be the only player that could carry a team to a cup. Although having Draisaitl as your #2 certainly helps, Crosby/Malkin.

But I be damned if WC VGK and their $92M or whatever it is look pretty damn good. They’re big, fast, well coached and some of their key players are well rested. Giving off real TB vibes.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
A lot of the pundits seem to be hopping on the Oiler bandwagon and McJesus might be the only player that could carry a team to a cup. Although having Draisaitl as your #2 certainly helps, Crosby/Malkin.

But I be damned if WC VGK and their $92M or whatever it is look pretty damn good. They’re big, fast, well coached and some of their key players are well rested. Giving off real TB vibes.

Yeah, they look good. That said, the West looks like murder's row right now and I am glad we are playing in the east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad