Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Twenty possible names for Utah’s team. I’m glad they did the reasonable thing and changed it to Utah Yeti (with no “s”)

I still think Outlaws is the best name, but I still expect them to do something much less interesting.

Glad Canyons got included, I really think that'd be a gem of a name and identity. Shame there wasn't a scorpions option, so many great things you could do with that logo. And the mascot could be pure, epic, nightmare fuel.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Boston trying to act tough while getting shit kicked?

1715220019855.jpeg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Glad Canyons got included, I really think that'd be a gem of a name and identity. Shame there wasn't a scorpions option, so many great things you could do with that logo. And the mascot could be pure, epic, nightmare fuel.
I like Outlaws for some reason. I think it’s more of a doesn’t sound awful compared to some of the others choice though. I can’t get with a Yeti from a State that’s got so much desert on it. They’re big on their winter sports but that’s a bridge too far for me.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I like Outlaws for some reason. I think it’s more of a doesn’t sound awful compared to some of the others choice though. I can’t get with a Yeti from a State that’s got so much desert on it. They’re big on their winter sports but that’s a bridge too far for me.
Yea, same here...I mean they do get cold weather, but so do most places in the USA at times...that doesn't automatically mean "Yeti"...especially since that's Himalayan in heritage. I don't really like any of the options. Outlaws maybe? Mammoth I guess could be interesting. Like does Glaciers even make sense there? Mountaineers is honestly too long. Do many Caribou roam Utah?? Like some of these are out of their ass it seems

• Haha
Reactions: bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yea, same here...I mean they do get cold weather, but so do most places in the USA at times...that doesn't automatically mean "Yeti"...especially since that's Himalayan in heritage. I don't really like any of the options. Outlaws maybe? Mammoth I guess could be interesting. Like does Glaciers even make sense there? Mountaineers is honestly too long. Do many Caribou roam Utah?? Like some of these are out of their ass it seems
Canyons does make sense with Arches, Bryce and Zion but I’m struggling with it as a hockey team name. Glaciers is just dumb, there’s only one in the state.

Outlaws got my vote. Though the salt licks would’ve gotten my vote too.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Not a good look for Edmonton.

Mike Monaco is one of the high points for ESPN’s coverage. Excitement, without being cringey. Good PBP guy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad