Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Points % since Jan 1st of our 3 possible opponents (40+ game sample size)

Nashville - .644 (9th)
Vegas - .547 (17th)
LA - .542 (19th)

Nashville is obviously being inflated by their 16-0-2 tear...but still you can't discount that streak as not happening, it happened as they were on fire.

Dallas is 4th with .685

As a guide Vegas was 5th in points % from Jan 1 to end of season last year.

Make of it what you will.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nashville seems unlikely . Meaning Canucks would win out and we lose our final home game on fan appreciation night to the Blues. Don't think so.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't remember the Stars ever playing the Kings in a playoff series . Looking it up the North Stars played the Kings in 1968 . Since then franchises haven't faced each other in the playoffs. Certainly something new.

Reactions: piqued and LT

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I welcome VGK more than LA tbh. I think the team is hungry to win more than most teams and are also salivating at an opportunity to get revenge on VGK.

What better opportunity to get revenge than the 1st round when the Stars are the healthiest, and VGK are only getting healthy now which may cause lack of chemistry right off the hop

Reactions: catters078

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looking at it neutral i also think it would be neat if the Oilers and Kings didn't face eachother for a third year in a row in the first round . That series sucked last two times already and i doubt this years would be any better

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
LA would be late times on the road for us. Playing Vegas in round 1 would be better then playing them in round 3 when they're healthy.

I don't care who we play, this team has the ability to beat any team in a best of 7
Exactly. Ryan Callahan was giving us some good praise last night during the Kings/Wild game. He said we are scary good.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The other thing about LA is they're not a goon-it-up type team if they're losing. They wouldn't be trying to injure half our roster like last year. Frankly they're exactly the 1st round opponent you want. That said they're all NHL teams with talented players, upsets happen etc etc.

Reactions: Kipper 17

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
anyone else think the ovi goals record chase is kinda bullshit? the org flat out stated that it's their objective to get him the record. guys defer to him constantly. idk, it seems disingenuous at best. at this level a team shouldn't be playing for one person to get a stat, they should be playing to win.

rabble rabble damn clouds.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
anyone else think the ovi goals record chase is kinda bullshit? the org flat out stated that it's their objective to get him the record. guys defer to him constantly. idk, it seems disingenuous at best. at this level a team shouldn't be playing for one person to get a stat, they should be playing to win.

rabble rabble damn clouds.

To be fair guys have deferred to him their whole career and especially now when you look at their roster I can't blame them

Tough to say they aren't playing to win though, they're playing the most boring hockey I've ever seen to try and grind their way into a playoff spot, and it seems likely to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad