Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Caps have to be the worst playoff team in the cap era. Kinda crazy they made it.

What's funny is you could ignore them and make a similar argument for the Isles who come in as a 6 seed
I won't be surprised if Washington does better against the Rangers than the Islanders do against Carolina.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Hard to feel sorry for a multi millionaire that won 3 Cups and had 4 finals appearances. Also hard to feel sorry for a franchise that was gifted generational players simply because they were on the verge of bankruptcy/relocation.

Spencer Carbarry should be a finalist for Coach of the Year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Some Wings fans are mad at Torts for pulling the goalie two minutes after the Flyers were officially eliminated, forgetting that their own team was 8 points into a playoff spot on Feb 28.

They went 7-12-3 afterwards, including two regulation losses against Utah.

Shouldn’t leave it in the hands of another team to get you into the playoffs

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Wings just need a proper goaltending duo and they're a playoff team next season: Lyon + ?
They need to move on from Husso and Reimer.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Dubas talks a good game, too bad he knows shit about hockey, at least the hockey played on the ice and not found in pie charts and graphs. He won’t last long in Pittsburgh, but can always run back to the Soo to run the Greyhounds………..

Reactions: ToneDog

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It likely only gets worse for Pitts next season with an even older team and a mid pick this year sucks too. Do they still have this year's pick?

Is Joe Thornton still available for Dubas to pick up? Just might be the missing piece for Crosby after ripping off the Sharks for Norris dman Erik Karlsson... :sarcasm:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Al14 and rumman

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Some Wings fans are mad at Torts for pulling the goalie two minutes after the Flyers were officially eliminated, forgetting that their own team was 8 points into a playoff spot on Feb 28.

They went 7-12-3 afterwards, including two regulation losses against Utah.

I can think of a man Wings fans should be mad at, and it's certainly not Torts.....

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Is Joe Thornton still available for Dubas to pick up? Just might be the missing piece for Crosby after ripping off the Sharks for Norris dman Erik Karlsson... :sarcasm:

l hope Kyle brings the band back together. There surely are a few TO rejects he can sign.

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Really glad we tagged the Coyotes twice this year and we ended that pathetic 20+ year stretch where we couldn’t beat them in regulation at home before they f*** off to Utah.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Unless something crazy happens tonight, there will be the same amount of 50 goal scorers this year, and 2 less players getting to 100 points.

Seemed like it was trending to be higher for most of the year

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Utah has a flat 4.85 percent individual income tax rate.
Arizona has a flat 2.50 percent individual income tax.

I'd imagine there's a number of players who aren't particularly pleased about the idea, especially those signed on longer deals. Between the taxes, the massive difference in weather among other things

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'd imagine there's a number of players who aren't particularly pleased about the idea, especially those signed on longer deals. Between the taxes, the massive difference in weather among other things

At the same time there were notable concerns with the organization so they should know the risks when they signed

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Going to be an interesting transition.
One good thing for the Coyotes / LatterDaySkates is most the defense are RFA, no leverage. But I have to guess some are a year away from UFA.

Young and no families?

1713446958563.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad