GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That’s Tyler Wrong for you

We probably had the best insider info on him out of any team with his mentor Coffey begging us to take him. Surprised Katz didn't step in to overrule.

This org really can't do anything right. Zero reason to think Wright had a reliable book on prospects. Holland's 5 years might end up the driest from the draft in our teams history. Amazing from a GM whose entire claim to fame was miracle draft picks of HHoF players and over-ripened prospects turning into stars.

$25,000,000

Wright canned entire OHL scouting staff too IIRC. Literally no one keeping tabs out East

But somehow idiot thought XB from the Q of all places was a smart pick

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Yah that's not selfish. You don't pass that puck in the playoffs.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado spent their wad on Vegas.

No. I don't know what their issue is. But it's great.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’ll give the Stars credit. They’re on another level that neither team in our series can match.
You're finally on board. Stars are just a good well run org that keep adding extremely useful pieces. They've just dominated the AV's. Seems as the series has developed Stars have just gotten better and imposed their will.

Thing is though this series could be over by now, and could've been a sweep.

AV's all crying today because Nik is on drugs again, and Toews is banged up. Dallas have been missing Hakanpaa all playoffs, now missing Hintz, were missing Marchment, and all they do is roll. Rolling down the Highway. That should be their song. Hard team not to like lead by arguably the best D on the planet.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Stars likely deepest team in the league. Not over until it's over, but they are certainly looking like juggernauts right now.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If the Stars don't go out and draft Johnston and Stankoven in the same year they probably start to age out and we're not talking about them. Meanwhile the last impact forward the Oilers drafted was Connor McDavid.

Reactions: oobga

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If the Stars don't go out and draft Johnston and Stankoven in the same year they probably start to age out and we're not talking about them. Meanwhile the last impact forward the Oilers drafted was Connor McDavid.

Jim Nill knew what he wanted. Trading down meant he had pretty good intel the teams that would now be ahead of him would not be taking Johnson. It’s too bad Holland didn’t listen to Coffey.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
I think they can bounce back from this but it's really looking grim. They need to not sulk and need three things to win: 1) Better goaltending 2) Better officiating and 3) Picking their spots and bringing the physicality that they can (which will also depend on #2)
They need more fire in their bellies. It almost feels like they don't think they can beat the Canucks, and I guess maybe they don't with Skinner behind them.

Jim Nill knew what he wanted. Trading down meant he had pretty good intel the teams that would now be ahead of him would not be taking Johnson. It’s too bad Holland didn’t listen to Coffey.

Reported for mental abuse.

Stars likely deepest team in the league. Not over until it's over, but they are certainly looking like juggernauts right now.
If they beat the Rangers, I'll take it.

Didnt Dallas play Vegas?

Colorado had the easy first round with Winnipeg.
Its almost like Winnipeg didn't even play. tbh I was telling the wife the other night, it feels like last year that they played.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I was more upset after game 1 than I am after last game.

I mean we kind of had it in the bag until we didn't.
But with Skinner in the crease, I guess you could always say we never will ever have it in the bag until the final horn sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad