GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

So... Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Zadorov, Hanifin, and Lindholm didn't ring a bell before tweeting this shit? Goofy.

Zadorov seems like a pretty obnoxious personality. All good when the team is winning, but probably becomes super annoying when the team is in the gutter. Miller seems like he is the same way. Can't wait for the limited shelf life of the tocchet hounding for maximum effort and PDO magic to wear off.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
This is misleading though if you're watching those series and teams that are absolutely loaded with skill through the lineup. The goalies in the OOT series ahve been spectacular even when giving up goals. The teams are generating so many good scoring chances with skill plays. The save % doesn't tell the whole story. Look at the saves the goalies are making, the form, the technique. Night and day better than what we got.

If anything this is another golden age of goaltending only its disguised by the quality teams advancing and the best teams on Earth with talent, playing each other. Every team can score. Vancouver would be the weakest scoring teams in the playoffs by miles (through the regular season results out the window, Vancouver doesn't generate much in playoffs. )

Both Georgiev and Ott tonight were very good. Dallas played a perfect road game and were generating quality chances on the counter all night.

What I mean is that setting expectations that goalie needs win games constantly letting only 0, 1 or 2 goals per game is setting unrealistic expectations nowdays in NHL.

Because there isn't any goalie who can do it constantly against scoring threat present. And not looking Vancouver particularly, all 16 teams which start playoffs are close there.

Thefore we need to find ways to win games where otherside scores 3, 4 or even 5 goals. That brings us as well closer to the cup, because it looks there isn't that level goalie available in any near future, if ever.

If any team can do it is Oilers, but coach needs to open up when needed.

When 20 shots generates 2.2 expected goals (.890 SP) it means either 2 or 3 real goals, it means 3 or 4 is needed to win the game. It is just maths. In regular season we had average 3.6 goals per game done, need to keep that level if wanting to move forward. In real life it means 4 goals minimum.

When we are producing less than 4, I am not expecting win from the game because it is not mathematically the most expected outcome.

We could swap goalie with 5 other playoff team and expect to be just in same position because they save same share of shots in wider picture.

People need to set their expectations according realities, not according what they are hoping for.

Just my humble opinion.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
They only have to get one set of birth certificates there.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I know. Obviously I love the hockey condos here but the humor is the best thing! I thought you had a great response!

Such is the world we live in today. People filter what they read through the lens in which they view the world. Any response other than “YES I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY” is too often met with disrespect or outright hostility.

People can’t laugh anymore or just have a simple conversation.

Jesus had understanding which is maybe why he builds good hot rods.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

So... Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Zadorov, Hanifin, and Lindholm didn't ring a bell before tweeting this shit? Goofy.

There's a part of me enjoying the fact that the only joy Flames fans (or likely the org too) have right now, is hoping one of the many quality pieces they solid off to the rest of the Western conference somehow roadblocks the Oil.

If the Oilers get past the Canucks, although I would love a rematch vs. COL, I think I'd prefer to drive a Tanev size hole throw their hearts on route to the finals.

Reactions: Oilhawks

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I get the song is catchy and everyone knows the words. But "hangin on a prayer" when you are up 2-0 always seems weird to me.

Maybe if it was the Oilers and the history of us blowing leads, ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad