GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 4: Stretch Drive Edition

Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
It didn’t break my heart Mathews didn’t get 70. But I’m thinking he will grow more by missing it than if he had reached it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Shot of JT stomping on Matthews shot at #70

rickjames-charliemurphy.gif

Hilarious they were down 3 with goalie pulled and barely any time left. JT has a chance to set up Matthews in front and just pounds it into the net himself instead.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Shot of JT stomping on Matthews shot at #70

rickjames-charliemurphy.gif

Hilarious they were down 3 with goalie pulled and barely any time left. JT has a chance to set up Matthews in front and just pounds it into the net himself instead.
JT Just Trolling

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
69 goals…..
Meh, if you can’t get 70, who cares? Your scoring feat isn’t much better than last years leader, and he had about 50 more points.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kudos to Kucherov though. In a year where all the media was focused on McDavid getting to 100 assists, his own 100 assists shouldn’t go unheralded. And paired with his 43 goals, it was quite the year for him.
I honestly didn’t think Tampa would make the playoffs this year, but he played a huge part in dragging them in, and with ease. Gets my Hart vote.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
On the Leaf's radio post game show, which I had on in the background, they were lamenting the fact that Domi was not playing last night. Supposedly it was Marner's fault that Matthews did not get to 70 and now Domi is viewed as the better passer of the two. This is kind of like saying that McDavid was held back by Leon.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
On the Leaf's radio post game show, which I had on in the background, they were lamenting the fact that Domi was not playing last night. Supposedly it was Marner's fault that Matthews did not get to 70 and now Domi is viewed as the better passer of the two. This is kind of like saying that McDavid was held back by Leon.

I’m not sure Leaf fan logic ever makes sense.

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad