Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Good lord I just seen some Twitter video from that Andrew Birkshire talking about how Hyman has so much special access to be good at hockey lolll. I have never seen this type of video before. Not even about guys like Nylander or Tkachuk, etc, who's dads played hockey and were millionaires

I saw it as well.

I think he was just seeking attention with this freezing cold take.

1711486738515.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nice to see Sam Reinhardt get his 50th this past weekend as well. Yet another guy Buffalo gave up on way to quickly.
I wonder if he forced his way out with the whole Krueger debacle they had.

Although either way, they must be looking around wondering what could've been.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I wonder if he forced his way out with the whole Krueger debacle they had.

Although either way, they must be looking around wondering what could've been.
Kruger was gone before they traded Reinhardt though, so doubt it had anything to do with him. Just probably thought he'd never get any better, based on his draft pedigree.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I found it hilarious how unhinged Van fans got last night over LA lol

Maybe b/c they are better this year they are paying more attention to their games. LA is a hard a** boring a** team. They trap and just collapse to the net

Honestly, Edmonton has so much skil. I wish our dolts would play some boring hockey if it meant a cup. Doesn't have to be permanent, but you need to learn to adapt.

We have Ceci skating behind the other teams net in the O zone lol

Also hilarious how much diving whining came from them. They just need to look in the mirror. Complain about turtling. Every Canucks game I kind of watch, they get a quick lead and the game is boring AF and they just try protecting it 90% of the time lol. I find 90% of Canuck games such low event boring hockey. Stopped watching them like I was previously.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Good lord I just seen some Twitter video from that Andrew Birkshire talking about how Hyman has so much special access to be good at hockey lolll. I have never seen this type of video before. Not even about guys like Nylander or Tkachuk, etc, who's dads played hockey and were millionaires
Probably 90% of the players in the league come from families with money.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Bedard and the grounded wounded Hawks finally found some prey they could eat. Thought that thing was gonna die in the dirt of starvation.
I think they swept the season series. I’d have to go back and look so don’t take this post as 100% fact.

I was wrong, Calgary won a squeaker 1-0 against them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The rich spoiled kid narrative for Hyman could not be more inappropriate. Regardless of the opportunities his fathers wealth provides you cannot find someone who carries himself in a manner that is less entitled.

Berkshire’s rant seems veiled anti-semetic to me as there’s been many a player from a wealthy family succeed beyond expectations but none were Jewish. Seems odd he’d single out Hyman when Reinhart and Mathew’s both hit 50 before him also come from wealthy families. Why did he single out Hyman.

Nice to see his TikTok media career end in one tweet. Worst take since “PJ makes McDavid better”.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The rich spoiled kid narrative for Hyman could not be more inappropriate. Regardless of the opportunities his fathers wealth provides you cannot find someone who carries himself in a manner that is less entitled.
It was funny to see that narrative and then see McDavid giving Hyman a bit of shit on the bench last night.

Hyman might be one of the nicest and calmest guys out there. His interviews you can tell he feels lucky to be where he is, yet in reality it's his hard work that got him to where he is.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
West seems locked in now, blues blew it losing to Vegas. Feel like we're about to play Vegas in the first round, I don't trust the kings to be able to hold them off.

Best case they crossover to the central but if we're going to have to play them the first round might be the best. At least the injured guys will just be getting back into games instead of having 4 weeks of playoffs under them.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
West seems locked in now, blues blew it losing to Vegas. Feel like we're about to play Vegas in the first round, I don't trust the kings to be able to hold them off.

Best case they crossover to the central but if we're going to have to play them the first round might be the best. At least the injured guys will just be getting back into games instead of having 4 weeks of playoffs under them.
Kings have the softest schedule by far down the stretch and have won 4 in a row, have a game in hand on Vegas and own the tie breaker

I wouldn't sleep on LA

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Kings have the softest schedule by far down the stretch and have won 4 in a row, have a game in hand on Vegas and own the tie breaker

I wouldn't sleep on LA
It’s going to be a bloodbath in the west. It really is pick your poison. If any of the four ‘lower seeds’ win the first round series, I wouldn’t consider them upsets, all the teams are fairly equal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 94 Oil Drops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad