GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I stayed up late for the handshakes
That’s lot of respect shown for the leafs.
Is that it for the core 4?
watch Stone go back on LTIR and they trade for Tavares.:laugh:

Clearly a goalie issue, nothing to do with the core fore.

There’s the major problem in that first sentence. There’s no money left for decent D-men and a goalie. If they had nearly 50% tied up in two forwards, a #1 dman and a solid goalie, they’d be better off.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly, I hardly noticed Marner because I was so hyper focused on Reilly half assing it back to the puck. Like dude it's Game 7 OT, you can't leave anything to chance so you have to do everything possible to go get that puck. Just a shccking lack of awareness in that moment but also par for the course for that core.
Reilly was doing his best Ceci impression in OT.

Is that it for the core 4?
I’m guessing JT and Marner are gone this off-season.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Leafs fans are already trying to put the loss solely on Samsonov's shoulders. What more could you ask from your goalie? He held Boston to one goal in regulation and then got beat by one of the best goal scorers in the league on a breakaway in OT.

Toronto had the most expensive forward group in the league this year and was the lowest scoring team in the first round. Only scored one goal in a game seven. That's where the blame needs to lie.
The tying goal was weak and the game winner fooled every leafs player including him. But he was absolutely fine. Goaltending was not the problem these playoffs. Once again the playoffs proved the top players are not built for the post season. Matthews, marner and nylander is like Mcdavid, drai and Hyman being invisible. You just can’t go far if they can’t produce consistency.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’d be looking at trading Matthews to be honest. You’d get a hell of a haul for him and he’s useless when it matters anyways. Marner is next to go. Tavares they’re stuck with. That’s was a horrendous, cap killing contract the day it was signed.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I’d be looking at trading Matthews to be honest. You’d get a hell of a haul for him and he’s useless when it matters anyways. Marner is next to go. Tavares they’re stuck with. That’s was a horrendous, cap killing contract the day it was signed.
I’d gut the entire core. They are all soft and don’t produce in the playoffs enough. Get some top players who show heart.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I don't hate the Leafs because of their players I hate them because of their fans
wawa.jpg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Eh, doubt Boston gets past Florida

I imagine Leon shouldn’t be too impressed with their team, but who knows?
They’ll get smoked by Florida. That team should be looking at rebuilding rather than contending very soon here. Unless they do something like steal Drai.

Yeh who knows. A Boston beat writer put it out that Laraque said Leon was interested in Boston. But laraque denied saying it… kinda.

You know who I could see in Toronto? Our old buddy, Todd Mclellan.
I’d love for them to get Woody. Only for the Leaf’s to pick up our sloppy seconds. Actually I guess TMac counts on that front too.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I doubt they'll ever get rid of Matthews unless he asks for it. Their fanbase love Big Papi, I think it's Marner , the coach and Shanahan. Treveling is not so bright but he basically just got there. Agree that they're stuck with Tavares.

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad