GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Too bad a decent club didn't get Toffoli. Useful scorer. Guy probably deserved better than landing in shitholes teams like Calgary and Winnipeg.
Would have liked him here. But instead we needed to win face offs in the bottom 6.

Hollands exact words at the trade deadline and his number one priority: “ideally we want a right shot guy that can win some draws… he can be a lefty too.”

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
True. But since Sissons is a Pred for Life I hoped they’d use it as a rallying cry. That was their only chance for the whole team to being firing on all cylinders playing for eachother like how they got into the playoffs. Let’s hope it holds and they win 3 straight after that blunder.
In fairness to Sissons and bad as it was missing an empty net it was on backhand while being contested. The real shitshow for Preds happened after that and in the breakdowns on last sequence of the game leading to tying goal with 6 secs. basically every Pred on ice f***ed up worse on that tying goal. I didn't even watch the OT so can't comment. I knew Preds were losing that one.

It is frustrating Nucks are somehow leading series. They sure don't deserve to be.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Jets are not a defensively sound team however. It was a GA asterisk spelled Hellebuck. I never see the Jets play a defensively sound game. The Oilers are way better defensively and have been since KK has been around. The Jets give the puck away more in this one elimination game than we have all series. Was clownshow stuff from Jets. Scheifele -6, getting owned.

Kings are far better in defensive play than the Jets but have shit goaltending.
Bowness’s bread and butter. He did it for the stars too. But his system seems to dry up offence. Before Bowness, Hellys numbers were average and then trended towards elite again over 2 years.

In fairness to Sissons and bad as it was missing an empty net it was on backhand while being contested. The real shitshow for Preds happened after that and in the breakdowns on last sequence of the game leading to tying goal with 6 secs. basically every Pred on ice f***ed up worse on that tying goal. I didn't even watch the OT so can't comment. I knew Preds were losing that one.

It is frustrating Nucks are somehow leading series. They sure don't deserve to be.
I thought the same when I saw it. As much as people make fun of it, It wasn’t a Patrik Stefan moment. He had a Nuck on him and another coming, and had to get the shot off quick on the backhand. But the perception is still bad. And the Preds could use that moment to support their boy and take this series.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
For the 745th time this season a player that looked kinda hurt after getting cross checked or any physical illegal play on them was out on the ice to start his teams powerplay. I'm supposed to be outraged tonight for one instance of it though just because Forsberg did it against the Canucks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm still annoyed that if Nashville aren't clowns last game they're currently leading this series
I'm trying to make a silver lining out of this. Maybe it just prolongs agony and Preds take game 6 and go into Vancouver and take deciding game. Wouldn't that be something. I can smell the napalm and riots. Oh its probably happening tonight too.

It actually amazed me the Nucks freaks like Zadoror etal actually went to the room afte the game. Figured they'd start shit. Anybody see the Zad two hand on Forsberg in back? how is this tool still playing. Should be thrown out for playoffs for that.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think I remember one big save Helly made all series. Anything show up on the highlight reels?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For the 745th time this season a player that looked kinda hurt after getting cross checked or any physical illegal play on them was out on the ice to start his teams powerplay. I'm supposed to be outraged tonight for one instance of it though just because Forsberg did it against the Canucks.
It was a two hand in the back under the equipment from a guy thats an ape escaped from the zoo. I wouldn't even be able to walk after that one. Thats career ending bs. Ask Craig Simpson.

Reactions: oobga

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm trying to make a silver lining out of this. Maybe it just prolongs agony and Preds take game 6 and go into Vancouver and take deciding game. Wouldn't that be something. I can smell the napalm and riots. Oh its probably happening tonight too.

It actually amazed me the Nucks freaks like Zadoror etal actually went to the room afte the game. Figured they'd start shit. Anybody see the Zad two hand on Forsberg in back? how is this tool still playing. Should be thrown out for playoffs for that.
If the Preds don’t take the W, atleast they’ll be able to get more shots in on Petey and Hughes as this series moves on. It’s just too bad the Preds are no where near as dirty as the Kings.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If the Preds don’t take the W, atleast they’ll be able to get more shots in on Petey and Hughes as this series moves on. It’s just too bad the Preds are no where near as dirty as the Kings.
Not dirty but hitting and finishing checks enough. Guys like Petey not too interested in taking hits. Count the number of times Hughes bailed on one tonight. The hits start to take effect. As the series goes on the Canucks just seem to get worse which is indictable because they weren't good to begin with. Nucks are exactly as expected this playoffs. Not much going on.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not dirty but hitting and finishing checks enough. Guys like Petey not too interested in taking hits. Count the number of times Hughes bailed on one tonight. The hits start to take effect. As the series goes on the Canucks just seem to get worse which is indictable because they weren't good to begin with. Nucks are exactly as expected this playoffs. Not much going on.
Slewfoots are dirty. I can’t excuse those. But yeh they are mostly bringing a hard checking game primarily.

Did you see that monster Hughes sandwich the other game? He’s definitely more afraid of getting hurt after that one. He was keeled on the bench.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
all of them
This is the correct answer. Jets looked like defenseless ghosts. If the purpose of hockey is ineffectual non dangerous rushes that only serve to get you caught deep constantly than they owned. because thats all that happened with the lol top line leading the way.

The Jets were so arrogant in series they thought they could trade chances and rushes with the AV's. Look at the 5th goal tonight and it shows how Jets were burned all series. They got a rush this isn't dangerous, but is risky coming back, the commit to it anyway, easy odd man rush, Colorado scores on a goal they really rarely miss.

The Winnipeg Jets are an absolute waste of Hellebuck. its a shame for him. Maybe he likes golf.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Slewfoots are dirty. I can’t excuse those. But yeh they are mostly bringing a hard checking game primarily.

Did you see that monster Hughes sandwich the other game? He’s definitely more afraid of getting hurt after that one. He was keeled on the bench.
I just don't know how somebody hughes stature and size even decided to be a pro hockey D. he wouldn't have decided that playing the bloodsport in Canada. He's not even strong, at all, for his size. he's small and weak. His basic thing is he can skate like the wind because he's as light as a feather. But Defenceman, nah, he can't box out, he can't defend. Its hilarious when a team just targets him on boards and takes pucks away time after time. Just hit him, watch him fall, take puck. I can't stand the guy. No way this guy should get Norris. I can't even say he's a D.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Jets allowed 28 goals in a 5 game series with Connor Hellebuck. My lord, how many would that be with an average goalie in het. Shambolic. 3x they give up 6, twice 5, never less than 5. Somehow they won a game. The Jets were so bad I heard boos from the home crowd in third period. What a joke this club had least GA in regular season. Playoffs is nothing like regular season.

We have a chance to end the Kings early tomorrow and get some rest, heal up some bruises. Time for the Oilers to show some killer instinct.
No excuses not to do it but of course it will take an effort. the main question is how do the Oilers do with success? Its rare they've been in a 5 game decider before. Only against Calgary who essentially don't even count. Tkachuk and Gaudreau knew they weren't even going to be Flames anymore. The give a shit in that game wasn't there.

Kings play better on the road so Oilers need to be prepared for that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Jets allowed 28 goals in a 5 game series with Connor Hellebuck. My lord, how many would that be with an average goalie in het. Shambolic. 3x they give up 6, twice 5, never less than 5. Somehow they won a game. The Jets were so bad I heard boos from the home crowd in third period. What a joke this club had least GA in regular season. Playoffs is nothing like regular season.

No excuses not to do it but of course it will take an effort. the main question is how do the Oilers do with success? Its rare they've been in a 5 game decider before. Only against Calgary who essentially don't even count. Tkachuk and Gaudreau knew they weren't even going to be Flames anymore. The give a shit in that game wasn't there.

Kings play better on the road so Oilers need to be prepared for that.
I think with the maturity of this team now they won’t let the moment escape them. They’ll go onto home ice and play a smart, high execution game that could get away from the Kings very fast.

I was wondering if we should be worried that they held us to 13 shots. But the more i think about I can’t see that happening again. The Kings gave us their best and threw the kitchen sink at us, and it wasn’t good enough. That demoralization will have us taking this in 5.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Tocchet was so arrogant before this game, can’t wait to hear his drivel now.

He bet the under again.

I think with the maturity of this team now they won’t let the moment escape them. They’ll go onto home ice and play a smart, high execution game that could get away from the Kings very fast.

I was wondering if we should be worried that they held us to 13 shots. But the more i think about I can’t see that happening again. The Kings gave us their best and threw the kitchen sink at us, and it wasn’t good enough. That demoralization will have us taking this in 5.

This was my sentiment exactly. They blew the biggest load they could have possibly built up and still shot a duster. That would suck.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He bet the under again.

This was my sentiment exactly. They blew the biggest load they could have possibly built up and still shot a duster. That would suck.
Yeh. And combine that with coming back to Edmonton in front of our crowd and McDrai and our forwards being due for points. I can’t see it ending well tomorrow. I don’t want to be cocky, but that’s how I see it.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

How did that demoralization go for the predators in game 5 vs the Canucks? Blow a 2 goal lead late and lose in OT, goes to Vancouver facing elimination and won it.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad