GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Can't help but laugh at the Leafs. They're paying 40 million for 4 forwards while desperately needing a much better defense and goaltending, and Trevling's first year on the job was nearly as bad as his last year on the job in Calgary. Klingberg brought in on defense, Edmundson their prized deadline acquisition, 37 year old Ryan Reeves given a three year contract for 1.3 mill per year, Samsanov given another kick at the bucket - just amazingly bad. Leafs badly need a new coach too, watch Trev bring in Dallas Eakins as a replacement :laugh:

Still funny to me that Leaf fans were roasting the Oilers a few years ago that you can't win in the league paying so much to so few players, but they'll be dropping 47 mill on 4 players when Mathews/Nylander's contracts kick in next year.
I think they’ll trade Marner as someone will take his contract with little or no retention. JT is next to go but the Leafs are eating max retention on that contract.

With Holland coming off the books, their management is dumb enough to give him a POHO offer and he’ll take it. I say that in jest but the league is pretty dumb that way. Coaching…that’s a tough one. I don’t think Woodcroft will land there. Maybe someone like Berube or Greene. Possibly Quinneville, as I thought I read he wants to coach.

All this talk of the Oilers might lose one or both of McDavid & Draisaitl but the Leafs can’t even get out of the first round. Last year was the exception, not the norm.

Reactions: McOilers97

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad