GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I want the Preds to win but god we need to beat the Kings. A Predators/Kings series would be the end of hockey. There's no recovering from that.
The preds really do play the most disgusting, vile style of hockey I've ever seen. 12 SOG until late in game and only 8mins Ozone possession until the late PP;s. For two complete periods they play as if they are killing a penalty and spending all the time in own zone. Without best goaltending they blow this one too.

The lol nucks have the easiest opposition possible in the playoffs and they almost lost both home games. They are absolutely paper tigers. People here sayign that all season. Wheres the closet Nucks fans here that confront me for "bashing" the sorry Nucks club?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is Luke Gazdic or Taylor Hall, cousins with McDavid's fiance?

McDavid said on the Drop that he met Lauren through Hall and Gazdic, when McDavid was roomies with Hall.

But Lauren said he met Connor through a cousin when asked on a different occasion.
Its never nice to say in polite company that you met the future wife watching her dancing on a pole...

When alternate story versions like this exist you kind of wonder.

jk people. No hate mail please. heha

lol typo.

i would never disrespect Connor.
Whoops. haha

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
When's the Surrey parade happening tonight. I haven't heard anything. Is it on fire?

You know they're coming in here if they win another game in the series.
No, they were actually "Oilers fans" here chiding me on "disrespecting" the Nucks. Sheikyerbouti guy for one. Said I need more "awareness" when speaking of the beloved Nucks. lol Hasn't been seen here much lately.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
When's the Surrey parade happening tonight. I haven't heard anything. Is it on fire?

No, they were actually "Oilers fans" here chiding me on "disrespecting" the Nucks. Sheikyerbouti guy for one. Said I need more "awareness" when speaking of the Nucks. lol Hasn't been seen here much lately.
Too busy crying tonight probably. The burning comes later.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don’t consider him part of their core
He scored their only goal and was among their best players which I fully realize is damming with faint praise. Canada's team wasn't filling the net with pucks tonight. Their whole game plan tonight was throw it back to the point, sift pucks at net and hope for something to happen. its the only way they scored.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The preds really do play the most disgusting, vile style of hockey I've ever seen. 12 SOG until late in game and only 8mins Ozone possession until the late PP;s. For two complete periods they play as if they are killing a penalty and spending all the time in own zone. Without best goaltending they blow this one too.

The lol nucks have the easiest opposition possible in the playoffs and they almost lost both home games. They are absolutely paper tigers. People here sayign that all season. Wheres the closet Nucks fans here that confront me for "bashing" the sorry Nucks club?

Not sure if the same one but I'm sure IATL is his namesake tonight :laugh:

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Canucks look so bad.
Almost zero and two at home. Without the Preds completely botching first game thats where it would stand. Still not so confident with this Preds team though. Any other playoff team and this would be a cakewalk beating the hapless nucks..

Imagine being so bad that you look for Joshua Dakota to be your hope and savior. Thats how weak this Nucks forward lineup is.

What is it with Vancouver and starring Team Sweden diving team precious forwards? Their whole franchise they've had this thing for small weak Swede forwards.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Almost zero and two at home. Without the Preds completely botching first game thats where it would stand. Still not so confident with this Preds team though. Any other playoff team and this would be a cakewalk.

What is it with Vancouver and starring Team Sweden diving team precious forwards? Their whole franchise they've had this thing for small weak Swede forwards.
The Canucks think they can win on talent that doesn't work in the playoffs unless you sacrifice the body with the talent 31-7 in blocked shots for the Preds reminds me of the 2006 Oilers who lacked in skill and compensated by making sacrifices

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everytime I look at Hughes lately its like he's in a Twilight zone episode expecting the grim reaper knocking. The guy has the disposition of a dying gremlin stuck on a plane wing...thats where I've seen him before..

1713936627606.png

1713936710946.png

Last edited:

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
He scored their only goal and was among their best players which I fully realize is damming with faint praise. Canada's team wasn't filling the net with pucks tonight. Their whole game plan tonight was throw it back to the point, sift pucks at net and hope for something to happen. its the only way they scored.
He’s a good player but he’s not a core piece of the team, Hughes Demko Petey miller hronek is their core. Zadorov has been there what 30 games? He’s probably gone as a UFA too. Do you consider Henrique a part of the oilers core? Cause id label him just a support piece

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Canucks think they can win on talent that doesn't work in the playoffs unless you sacrifice the body with the talent 31-7 in blocked shots for the Preds reminds me of the 2006 Oilers who lacked in skill and compensated by making sacrifices
You mean guys the size of Connor Garland, Quinn Hughes and Petey won't be dominant and effective in the playoffs. ;) All I see them do is flying through the air like kicked stuffed toys.

Petey really showed playoff level agression breaking his stick though. Surprised he could break it.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He’s a good player but he’s not a core piece of the team, Hughes Demko Petey miller hronek is their core. Zadorov has been there what 30 games? He’s probably gone as a UFA too. Do you consider Henrique a part of the oilers core? Cause id label him just a support piece
Don't take me too seriously. I wasn't crediting the Zad player. heh

I love Henrique. I hope theres a way to keep him on a one year.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Don't take me too seriously. I wasn't crediting the Zad player. heh

I love Henrique. I hope theres a way to keep him on a one year.
It’s late lol I too hope we keep Henrique around next year.

My point was the Canucks core lacks playoff experience and if any teams core pieces don’t perform they won’t win 4 of 7 games.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad