GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Plus DeSmith tired out down the stretch because he couldn't handle the starter load long-term.
If Vancouver can make it through tonight they'll have a chance to win series, but if Nashville figures him out and takes the win tonight it could be all she wrote.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If Vancouver can make it through tonight they'll have a chance to win series, but if Nashville figures him out and takes the win tonight it could be all she wrote.

They are in for some tough games once the series shifts to Nashville. If the Canucks don't win game 2 they might be playing in an elimination game once they return to Vancouver.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wouldn’t matter. He’d still be back on the ice in a no contact jersey the day of game 82 and in the lineup for game 1 of their opening series.

Ok let me clarify. I hope he gets hit by a semi which after it hits him, backs up rolling over him and then puts it in gear forward and running over him again. Even then he’d survive whom I’m kidding.

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Ok let me clarify. I hope he gets hit by a semi which after it hits him, backs up rolling over him and then puts it in gear forward and running over him again. Even then he’d survive whom I’m kidding.

tn2oltituip71.gif

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Might not be related but I have no idea why Vancouver started Demko against Winnipeg in that final game

I hope he enjoys ending up one of the most hated players of all time. I guess the Cup dulls the pain a bit

Assclown
Sens are my other team (being from Ottawa) and I've always like Stone

It's a shame my opinion of him is starting to change. You can tell he's definitely onboard with all of Vegas's antics

Reactions: Oilhawks

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
The NFL and NBA are actually popular all around America. The NHL is a multi-billion dollar business and they are completely willing to sacrifice the integrity of their game to try to gain traction in non-traditional markets. Money over everything.

That and Bettman strikes me as enjoying his role as a villain.

The condescension in his response to being booed tells you all you need to know about him.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Might not be related but I have no idea why Vancouver started Demko against Winnipeg in that final game

It's a shame my opinion of him is starting to change. You can tell he's definitely onboard with all of Vegas's antics
This year, he had 11 million reasons to be fully onboard. Next year, he’ll have another 11 million reasons to jump onboard the LTIR train.

This league is a farce.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Sens are about the only other Canadian team that I don't mind (Jets were too, but not anymore). I wanted them to beat the Penguins on their run in 16-17 after the Oilers were out. Didn't mind Stone then. Now he looks like some willing pawn of a management team that is taking advantage of the NHL's greed. Once or twice? Very fortunate coincidence. Three times now? Good grief.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
His legacy will always be an injury faker to scam LTIR. Even super casual fans know about this Vegas garbage now.
tbh I'm sure he doesn't give a shit. They didn't change Kucherov name on cup to Cheaterov. I mean I get it, but I'm not gonna get upset about it. Cheaters are all around. Most pro players stopped being role models decades ago. We're lucky to have a lot of players that are just pretty solid guys.

But its kind of funny that the average guy has a disability or injury WCB claim and they actually hire private detectives or some such to take pictures of the people when they aren't wearing crutches or water skiiing and stuff....;) jk, most claims are legit.

But claim investigation is done more than people think and the cheating claims as well. We all pay for it with increased WCB costs, insurance costs etc. Some people are just cheating dicks.

But pro sports? looks like anything goes. NHL went WWE along time ago.

Reactions: oobga

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Sens are about the only other Canadian team that I don't mind (Jets were too, but not anymore). I wanted them to beat the Penguins on their run in 16-17 after the Oilers were out. Didn't mind Stone then. Now he looks like some willing pawn of a management team that is taking advantage of the NHL's greed. Once or twice? Very fortunate coincidence. Three times now? Good grief.
The worst part is the league execs aren’t even trying to show they care to protect the integrity of the business side of things by conducting thorough investigations into this. Just going full ostrich by sticking their heads in the sand and hope it goes away.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The worst part is the league execs aren’t even trying to show they care to protect the integrity of the business side of things by conducting thorough investigations into this. Just going full ostrich by sticking their heads in the sand and hope it goes away.
No, the worst thing for years is that the NHL loves the controversy, mayhem, and if it wasn't there they would manufacture some. The NHL is long since in the business of hoping for controversy because it sells tickets and print.

Took 50yrs to a century for even Boxing fixing to start to impact whether people would continue to go or pay big money or bet on the sport. People tend not to boycott their favorite sports no matter what. The bigwigs know that. people say "thats it I'm done" and they rarely are.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Gotta feel for Vancouver. Still a dangerous team but DeSmith is just not very good, nor a particularly good goalie

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gotta feel for Vancouver. Still a dangerous team but DeSmith is just not very good, nor a particularly good goalie
There aren't a lot of teams that could afford their starter going down, but Demko is the type of guy that wins games for his club when the team isn't doing well.

DeSmith is kind of the opposite. You hope the guy can give you a chance to win with if you get 3 goals, but a lot of nights you are gonna need more than that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad