GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Robertson and Hintz for Dallas, good as they usually are in regular season are really earning a rep as playoff non performers. pretty much every postseason these guys just struggle initially to get much done. Dallas pays for it.

Never really know what you're getting from Dallas. Outshoot out play Vegas badly and lose on home ice.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Robertson and Hintz for Dallas, good as they usually are in regular season are really earning a rep as playoff non performers. pretty much every postseason these guys just struggle initially to get much done. Dallas pays for it.

Never really know what you're getting from Dallas. Outshoot out play Vegas badly and lose on home ice.
Robertson seems to struggle every year though he did have 5 goals against Vegas last time.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Looks like the Canes will lose Pesce for a bit. Team can never stay healthy for a run can it.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Looks like the Canes will lose Pesce for a bit. Team can never stay healthy for a run can it.
Part of the problem is that RBA works them so hard in the regular season. Sure, they get a lot of division titles, but by the time the playoffs start nearly all their energy is spent and more guys are vulnerable to injury.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This bugged me during the season and noticed it again yesterday. Why the hell does Sportsnet do play of the game when there is so much time left in a game? Toronto game they gave Tavares play of the game and I'm pretty sure the game was tied with lots of time left.

Stone scores lmfaao
Very happy that Vegas is playing an American team first. Was already rumblings of players not being a fan of this and after watching numerous feeds all the broadcasters were taking jabs at how Vegas does the LTIR move.

Not sure it would get as much traction if Vegas played us or Vancouver round 1.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
He should be careful with that nail biting. All kinds of gross bacteria under those nails, could actually get sick and miss the first game of his career being legitimately injured/sick. ;)
He has a super spleen though to filter that shit out. 😏

Yeh that's what it is, you cheating f***.

Also, next year's LTIR is gonna be Rogaine complications.
Or Rybelsus.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Three Stars of the Game last night in Dallas

1713885894136.png
1713885906329.png
1713885976390.png

Attachments

• 1713885925095.png
    1713885925095.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 3

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Stone comes back and plays huge minutes in Game 1. Yet he couldn't play the last game of the regular season?

Last time a team tried to push a loophole this far was NJ signing Kovalchuk to that ridiculously long contract. As we know that was the straw that broke the camel's back and the NHL stepped in and smacked the Devils down with the loss of a 1st round draft pick.

Right now the league is happy to sit back and watch Stone and Vegas flip off the entire league right to their face two years in a row.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Stone comes back and plays huge minutes in Game 1. Yet he couldn't play the last game of the regular season?

Last time a team tried to push a loophole this far was NJ signing Kovalchuk to that ridiculously long contract. As we know that was the straw that broke the camel's back and the NHL stepped in and smacked the Devils down with the loss of a 1st round draft pick.

Right now the league is happy to sit back and watch Stone and Vegas flip off the entire league right to their face two years in a row.

The Kovalchuk situation is a very good example of why a shoulder shrug combined with "oh well, guess we'll have to wait for the next CBA" is complete f***ing bullshit.

There wasn't anything in the Kovalchuk contract that technically violated the terms of the CBA either, but the NHL still recognized it was against the spirit of what they're doing and they stopped it. The exact same thing is occurring with LTIR, but in this case they don't care about it for reasons that probably have to do with the locations of the teams that take advantage.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying reading the Stars/Vegas thread and seeing Stars fans up in arms over LTIR.

I think another sunbelt team being victim to this nonsense might be the only thing that puts and end to this bullshit. On one hand I would love to see Vegas wiped out, but on another if they won on the back of Stone and Hertl lighting it up it might be for the greater good in the long run.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying reading the Stars/Vegas thread and seeing Stars fans up in arms over LTIR.

I think another sunbelt team being victim to this nonsense might be the only thing that puts and end to this bullshit. On one hand I would love to see Vegas wiped out, but on another if they won on the back of Stone and Hertl lighting it up it might be for the greater good in the long run.
People can say nothing will change before the next CBA but I’m 100% convinced leagues like the NFL or NBA wouldn’t let a team make them look this foolish every year.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
People can say nothing will change before the next CBA but I’m 100% convinced leagues like the NFL or NBA wouldn’t let a team make them look this foolish every year.

The NFL and NBA are actually popular all around America. The NHL is a multi-billion dollar business and they are completely willing to sacrifice the integrity of their game to try to gain traction in non-traditional markets. Money over everything.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The NFL and NBA are actually popular all around America. The NHL is a multi-billion dollar business and they are completely willing to sacrifice the integrity of their game to try to gain traction in non-traditional markets. Money over everything.
Letting one team blatantly cheat alienating all the other fan bases isn’t good business though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad