GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I like Utah Hockey Club. Bettman deserves that for keeping an abortion on life support in the desert all those years. Would be right up there with "Mighty" Ducks.

the Flames are basically the 2008 Oilers
A mix of old vets, younger mid-players and guys they got in a trades
Coupled with with a horrible Arena, cheap ownership and a reputation of a “have not” franchise since everyone bailed

And here we are..the difference is they aren’t “top 5 pick” bad like the Oilers
And that's their problem. They can't even get tanking right. What a bunch of losers.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I saw a guy on TV last night and though it was some teams equipment manager. Then they said it was the Utah hockey teams new owner. Wow.
Was waiting for him to announce some season ticket options, like buy 4 season tickets and 2 of the wives get in for half price.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
And that's their problem. They can't even get tanking right.

Ben Oakley's Youtube doc did an excellent job of covering that from the Oilers side IMO. From 2006-07 to 2009-10 they just "kept trying because they insisted they were good enough".

But as bad as the DoD was, at least there weren't anything nearly as bad as the Kadri and Huberdeau deals. That's quite possibly similar to what could have happened to us had Nylander and Vanek ended up coming here.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
TSN curse is back….i swear that panel of Leaf lovers does it just to piss me off. Basically half the panel picking the Oilers to win the cup, right after they say they’re never right…lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Leafs played Nylander in garbage time just to get Matthews to 70.. pretty embarrassing if I was a fan of the team.

And they actually pull the garbage of saying he “just woke up with an injury” lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Was wondering if this was a joke tweet but I guess not.

All 3 risen from the grave just in time for Game 1.

f*** Vegas.

1713637275099.png

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

All 3 risen from the grave just in time for Game 1.

f*** Vegas.

Isn’t weird how they all have organ issues why they were put on LTIR?

McCrimmonal will be running out of organ injuries to use and will have to resort to googling random tissues and tendons next February.

McCrimmonal: “Stoneyzies, here’s your injury. You ruptured your ‘Palmaris Longus’ muscle in both hands. You’ll be on LTIR until the day after game 82 again.”

Stone: “The f*** is a palmaris longus?”

McCrimmonal: “It’s a muscle that affects grip strength. It’s found in primates and is missing in about 20% of people. You kinda look like an orangutan to begin with so that’s the injury you have. Wear slings and some other shit. See you in April. Remember, you’re not supposed to have any grip strength so don’t get caught with your dick in your hands. Literally and metaphorically. Pietriesiez, you’re next. You tore your ‘mesentry’ organ. I know you’re gonna ask what that is. It’s a recently discovered organ that connects all your guts to your stomach wall. There’s no other known function other than that. Same deal, don’t get caught bending over and stuff. See you in April.

Here’s both of your doctor records and surgery reports, you already had the procedures done so put this shit on, Stony (reaches into a box below his desk and tosses Stone a ratty, moth eaten sling). And Pies, the boys are coming with a stretcher for you. Here’s an IV bag to tape to your hand.”

Pietrangelo: “….Uh Boss, this says colostomy bag on it.”

McCrimmonal: “f***, that’s even better. Dangle it down by your side, here’s some chocolate pudding to put inside it. Really gotta sell this one.”

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I hope Dallas players have figured out some way to hit that targets the spleen area. Looks like Stones miracle recovery is lining up perfectly for game 1 ... Again.

Kidding about the spleen thing. Likely it was never injured at all. Probably lots of doctors in Vegas with big gambling problems/debts.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad