GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 II: Whacked NHL Scheduling is Whacked | Mod Warning Post #1964

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just saw the year Sam Reinhart is having. 37 goals, just 3 off the league lead. Career high SH% like Matthews, but almost double the GWG's, which means he is more of a big game player (just using the kind of rationale that ppl used in the past for Hart commentary). His team is better too, which shows how much more valuable he is :).

Yet somehow according to TSN, not even close to Hart trophy contention lol but somehow, Matthews is one of the faves depending on his year end goal totals

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yet somehow according to TSN, not even close to Hart trophy contention lol but somehow, Matthews is one of the faves depending on his year end goal totals

The narrative always turns to favour the opposite of whatever situation McDavid/Draisaitl are in.

Remember 3/4 years ago when Mackinnon was supposed to be better because he was more responsible defensively, was on the better team, played fewer minutes, all of which more than made up for the scoring gap between him and Connor? Now the situations are literally fully reversed, but the spin factory doesn't seem to be producing ways to explain away why Mackinnnon isn't actually any good.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Think it's our team facilities that teams prefer over the ice district.

Ice district itself is nothing special, but opposing players have talked about how nice the away teams amenities are in Edmonton.

Edit: That lack of Airport sure hurting Winnipeg though

I’m including the whole of Rogers Place when I say ice district. So yeh I agree.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's really not, and like I said, that possibility is only based on ignorance, so they don't get any benefit out the doubt.
Neither of us were a part of those conversations so it’s not a resounding impossibility either. Had they released a statement saying Dube was abducted by aliens and would be out of the lineup indefinitely, now that would be just slightly hard to believe. There’s more than one angle to explore, but I agree with you…it certainly seems like willful ignorance on their part. It’s not like this new news, it’s been around for a couple years this was under investigation.

Where the Flames made themselves look like ridiculous fools is going down the “time off due to mental health” road with him when the other clubs said those players were attending a personal matter.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
What are the actual results?

Let me guess. Wes McCauley near or at the top? Dude seems like a dud in every Oilers game I’ve seen.

That's my impression of him too.

He also made a mess of the Leaf's first round series last year, but lo and behold he finds himself in the Final every year. Odd that he (and many other terrible officials) seem to be immune to the NHL "holding them accountable" via playoff assignments.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Canucks are adding a Swedish forward to an already extra-soft team. That's not to say he isn't an upgrade on Kuzmenko.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Kuzmenko might actually squash this with his NTC lol.

I think it's a good move for Vancouver if it goes through, but a really poor move for Calgary who still doesn't understand that they should be rebuilding, not clinging to the 8th place dream.

EDIT: Sounds like Dreger is saying it will happen with picks and prospects if Kuzmenko doesn't waive. One of the few situations I can think of where a fanbase should be hoping for rejection IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Play
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad