Around the League 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So Dallas beat Calgary and the Avalanche beat Vegas , guess fighting for your playoffs lives does matter . :naughty: Nice shoot-out attempt by Tavares last night , Hendricks would have gotten closer to the goalie before he lost control of the puck .:biglaugh:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Habs play the Jackets tonight

Habs hold final wild card in the East, up by 2 points on the Jackets
Jackets have a game in hand and more wins

This could be a good game .

Reactions: Gm0ney

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Interesting development last night, especially if we end up facing the Stars in the POs...

He was out a few games recently also, seems to have been battling something and he re-injured it again? I doubt the Stars would be in a playoff spot without him this season, his numbers have been great.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
Interesting development last night, especially if we end up facing the Stars in the POs...

I am no doctor or physical therapist, but from that angle, it certainly looks like a groin injury. Those are not easy ones for goalies, hopefully it's not a major injury for him.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am no doctor or physical therapist, but from that angle, it certainly looks like a groin injury. Those are not easy ones for goalies, hopefully it's not a major injury for him.

If I remember correctly a groin injury took him gmdiwn late last season and the stars went in the tank. They have a much better back up this year though.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So Dallas beat Calgary and the Avalanche beat Vegas , guess fighting for your playoffs lives does matter . :naughty: Nice shoot-out attempt by Tavares last night , Hendricks would have gotten closer to the goalie before he lost control of the puck .:biglaugh:

The difference is that both Calgary and Vegas dominated the flow of play in their games, I'd been ecstatic if the Jets lost to the Stars the way Vegas lost to the Avs.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Big big game! Not quite for "all the marbles", but its pretty much a deciding game.

Habs play the Jackets tonight

Habs hold final wild card in the East, up by 2 points on the Jackets
Jackets have a game in hand and more wins

This could be a good game .

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The difference is that both Calgary and Vegas dominated the flow of play in their games, I'd been ecstatic if the Jets lost to the Stars the way Vegas lost to the Avs.
Which Jets' team do you think was a better bet for the playoffs, the 2014/15 team (#8 in CF%, #6 in HDCF%) or the 2018/19 team (#20 CF%, #23 HDCF%)?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Which Jets' team do you think was a better bet for the playoffs, the 2014/15 team (#8 in CF%, #6 in HDCF%) or the 2018/19 team (#20 CF%, #23 HDCF%)?

14-15 Jets were playing in front of Pavelec, any team playing in front of that kind of goaltending is a always going to be a hair trigger away from losing out. If the 14-15 Jets were playing against the 18-19 Jets in a 7 game series and had the same goaltending as the 18-19 Jets would you can 18-19 Jets clear favorites in such a series?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
14-15 Jets were playing in front of Pavelec, any team playing in front of that kind of goaltending is a always going to be a hair trigger away from losing out. If the 14-15 Jets were playing against the 18-19 Jets in a 7 game series and had the same goaltending as the 18-19 Jets would you can 18-19 Jets clear favorites in such a series?
Yes. I'll take this Jets' line-up over that line-up any day and twice on the weekend.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yes. I'll take this Jets' line-up over that line-up any day and twice on the weekend.

On paper they are a better team but the way they have played this season I would not be as confident in facing the 14-15 version of the Jets in a playoff series.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Starting to think St Louis may win our division.

I agree. Given the 2 pts we coughed up tonight, and considering the remaining schedule for the Jets, Preds, and Blues: the Blues have the best odds of winning the division. I actually think that the Preds have a better chance than the jets as well, given the remaining schedule for each of those 3 teams. Kinda crazy to see where we’re at just a few days after that big win vs. Nashville... that win doesn’t mean much when you follow it up with 2 losses like that.

Nashville’s only two tough games remaining are Pittsburgh and Columbus. Their other 3 remaining games are against bad non-playoff teams.

Jets’ remaining schedule is very tough: playing against teams fighting for a playoff spot the rest of the way, except for the game vs. Chicago.

Blues schedule is very easy, not playing against any team realistically fighting for a playoff spot except for the game vs. Colorado.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree. Given the 2 pts we coughed up tonight, and considering the remaining schedule for the Jets, Preds, and Blues: the Blues have the best odds of winning the division. I actually think that the Preds have a better chance than the jets as well, given the remaining schedule for each of those 3 teams. Kinda crazy to see where we’re at just a few days after that big win vs. Nashville... that win doesn’t mean much when you follow it up with 2 losses like that.

Nashville’s only two tough games remaining are Pittsburgh and Columbus. Their other 3 remaining games are against bad non-playoff teams.

Jets’ remaining schedule is very tough: playing against teams fighting for a playoff spot the rest of the way, except for the game vs. Chicago.

Blues schedule is very easy, not playing against any team realistically fighting for a playoff spot except for the game vs. Colorado.

Tonight’s loss opened the door.

I don’t have much faith in Nashville

Blue’s are playing better but they already have 4 in a row so they might normalize.

Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad