Around the League 2018-19: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone have any thoughts on Boudreau's guarantee the Wild are making the playoffs?

Even if they do, they should be easily dismantled in the first round again. They should really be trying to rebuild instead but those Parise/Suter contracts are really gonna hurt them.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyone have any thoughts on Boudreau's guarantee the Wild are making the playoffs?
tenor.gif

Predicting something like this

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Even if they do, they should be easily dismantled in the first round again. They should really be trying to rebuild instead but those Parise/Suter contracts are really gonna hurt them.

That's the other part of his prediction, he thought they'd be a tough first round matchup. I just don't see it. TBH I fear Colorado or St. Louis far, far more in the first round.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Can anybody make sense out of the Cam Talbot trade?

Philly gave up the currently better goalie who is also younger, with more upside and team control. He is also 3.4 mil cheaper.

In exchange they got a much more expensive goalie, playing like ****, who is a pending UFA.

What is in this for Philly? I don't even see any mention of 'future considerations'. :huh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Philly gave up the currently better goalie who is also younger, with more upside and team control. He is also 3.4 mil cheaper.

In exchange they got a much more expensive goalie, playing like ****, who is a pending UFA.

What is in this for Philly? I don't even see any mention of 'future considerations'. :huh:
I think the Flyers think that Talbot will bounce back as a good goalie. It's worth a try.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Stolarz was a locker room cancer? :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the Flyers think that Talbot will bounce back as a good goalie. It's worth a try.

OK, but he's a UFA. They didn't need to spend 3.4 mil to be able to sign him in the summer. They can do that anyway - and it isn't like they want to be able to offer him 8 years. Very expensive way to get an audition. Or do they want him to aid their tank? Just weird.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Stolarz is also a ufa unless he gets 10 more games where he plays 30 or more mins. He wasn't going to split starts in Philly so he was a UFA for them. Maybe gets those games in Edmonton.

Future considerations is a stand in for nothing. Per CBA it literally cannot be anything. You'll not see it when both teams give something.

Talbot has a track record of being a decent goalie, it's a bet on a return to form vs potential. And apparently Hart and Talbot are friends who train together, so a good chance Philly will be able to retain Talbot cheap. So basically trading an injury prone with questionable upside pending ufa for a veteran mentor who they have a good chance to re-sign who could rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad