Around the League 2016/2017 - v2.0 Welcome to Never Never Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Flames suck. That putrid forward group for DAL dominated them.

Backlund and Frolik among the top PKers in the league? Calgary is literally bottom 2 in PK%.

We're good with Lander, Letestu, Nurse, and Gryba crushing it on the PK.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hrudey picks two Flames for the stars of the game, as is tradition.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Flames kool-aid is certified delusional, after all the accusations towards us, a long look in the mirror and the whole throwing stones when you live in a glass house parable applies.

Hrudey still sipping it post-game.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ducks & Sharks win
Canucks, Coyotes, Flames, & Kings all lose in regulation

Sharks were down 2-0 but the Panthers blew it. Pretty decent night otherwise.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The Flames kool-aid is certified delusional, after all the accusations towards us, a long look in the mirror and the whole throwing stones when you live in a glass house parable applies.

Both Calgary's announcers could be sent to the loony bin for being delusional based on thier commentary.

Neither team looked great imo but Dallas is missing a lot of thier regulars.

Great outcome. A nice regulation loss for the shames.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
All of our enemies played tonight, they finished 2-4-0. Solid night.

Must win tomorrow to keep our lead and pace in division.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Live footage of Hrudey post-game:

giphy.gif

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"When the Flames are good, they look way more like an elite team than they have in the past." - Peter Loubardias

What the hell are they drinking down in Calgary? These three stooges are now comparing the transition from Hartley to Gulutzan as what the Oilers went through last season with McLellan being the new coach. Big difference: Todd McLellan isn't a ****** head coach.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Laine leading rookie scoring with 16 points, his 11 goals also lead the NHL. Pretty impressive.

Of all Canadian teams, I'd prefer the Jets have a guy like Laine. I'll take WPG having a guy like him over Toronto or the Flames any day. If Laine was a Leaf we'd be hearing "generational goal scorer, greatest ever".

Those clowns in TO and their media have already tried to put Matthews in the same tier as McDavid. Even Marner is being pumped as having "generational vision" and Gretzky is being mentioned in the same breath as him, not even joking. Nylander is officially the best from the 2014 class already. It's out of control.

If TO had Laine it would be sickening. Glad he's in WPG, I'll take a star like him in WPG all day over TO or our most hated enemy.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
"When the Flames are good, they look way more like an elite team than they have in the past." - Peter Loubardias

What the hell are they drinking down in Calgary? These three stooges are now comparing the transition from Hartley to Gulutzan as what the Oilers went through last season with McLellan being the new coach. Big difference: Todd McLellan isn't a ****** head coach.

Poor Calgary. Their star player is a midget who can't score on the road. I can't imagine what it would have been like if they won the McDavid lottery, would have been unbearable having to watch him play for our delusional rival. Man we're lucky :yo:

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

I heard that too. I knew Loubardias was a twit, but I didn't think he was that big of a twit

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Now the excuse Steinberg is throwing out is they are still learning Gulutzan's system. Sound familiar?

"It may take the Oilers thirty games to learn Eakins' system." - 2013, I think it was Stauffer who said this.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Now the excuse Steinberg is throwing out is they are still learning Gulutzan's system. Sound familiar?

"It may take the Oilers thirty games to learn Eakins' system." - 2013, I think it was Stauffer who said this.

Awesome :yo:

The kool-aid sipping benefits us.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Awesome :yo:

The kool-aid sipping benefits us.
Usually I wouldn't be paying this much attention to Calgary but their no goodness is just so satisfying. Years of their fans crapping on the Oilers and our young players, particularly Nugent-Hopkins. Gulutzan has them playing Eakins hockey and Bennett/Monahan look way worse than RNH ever did.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
there's a thread over at CP called "I'm becoming a fair weather Flames fan. Am I alone?"

they're checking out, and fast...won't be long until that fly-infested Saddledump is half empty after Christmas if this keeps up

at least Rexall was always full during The Dark Times and fan support got more enraged as thing got worse.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
there's a thread over at CP called "I'm becoming a fair weather Flames fan. Am I alone?"

they're checking out, and fast...won't be long until that fly-infested Saddledump is half empty after Christmas if this keeps up

at least Rexall was always full during The Dark Times and fan support got more enraged as thing got worse.

They aren't as loyal as us and aren't in the same tier of fan as us.

We took the years of terrible hockey and down right vitriol thrown our way. It was terrible, but we stood by. Flames fans were ruthless towards us, they showed no mercy.

First sign of trouble? They jump ship and can't take it like we did. As I've said before, all bullies hate being hit back. True colours being shown.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They aren't as loyal as us and aren't in the same tier of fan as us.

We took the years of terrible hockey and down right vitriol thrown our way. It was terrible, but we stood by. Flames fans were ruthless towards us, they showed no mercy.

First sign of trouble? They jump ship and can't take it like we did. As I've said before, all bullies hate being hit back. True colours being shown.

But we're all second tier fans so what does that make them? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad