Around the League 2016-2017 Pt. I (Mod warnings post #142, #311)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Big Kass buries one, hope he has a strong year (while Edmonton crashes and burns naturally)

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
On the opposite side
How come non of these games had a too many men on ice penalty yet?

I like our top 4 personally
I mean, let's ignore the rest of it but you know

Saving all the too many men penalties for us

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
have to wonder why these young teams never bother to acquire brandon sutter type players instead of running with bottom of the barrel scrubs in their bottom 6

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Buffalo paid Hodgson $4.25m * 6 years. They lost.

Everyone lost.

Canucks got Kassian for a then-productive Hodgson, who turned out to be a bust and lost him for pennies on the dollar.

Kassian bottomed out.

Hodgson retired (though I guess he gets paid for doing nothing now.)

Sabres bought Hodgson out.

Gillis took a ton of heat for it (along with the Luongo contract) and is out of the league.

Habs got Scrivens for a washed out Kassian (who's actually still in the league) for Scrivens who is now in Europe. Though I guess that's more "meh"

That trade had nothing good come of it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Everyone lost.

Canucks got Kassian for Hodgson who turned out to be a bust and lost him for pennies on the dollar.

Kassian bottomed out.

Hodgson retired (though I guess he gets paid for doing nothing now.)

Sabres bought Hodgson out.

Gillis took a ton of heat for it (along with the Luongo contract) and is out of the league.

Habs got Scrivens for a washed out Kassian (who's actually still in the league) for Scrivens who is now in Europe. Though I guess that's more "meh"

That trade had nothing good come of it.

Habs got a 6th and dumped a bad contract.

Canucks ended up in the same spot.

Buffalo ended in a financial hit.

Some losers lost harder.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Love how Wayne Gretzky signs on with the Oilers now. The McDavid lottery win just altered every single aspect of that franchise. It went from the last place anyone would want to go to the new chic place to play.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Love how Wayne Gretzky signs on with the Oilers now. The McDavid lottery win just altered every single aspect of that franchise. It went from the last place anyone would want to go to the new chic place to play.

Gretzky was part of the pitch made to Justin Schultz in 2012.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Habs got a 6th and dumped a bad contract.

Canucks ended up in the same spot.

Buffalo ended in a financial hit.

Some losers lost harder.

I'd agree with that.

In the end, we dealt a NHL scrub for a AHL scrub (while giving a 5th in the process).

I still question whether they're any better than us (not like that would be a great achievement right now....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad