Around the League 2 - Tank command central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i had the realization the other day that there is a 75% chance of us not trading sekera and then losing him in free agency.

i still think this will happen.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Maybe it's too late, but Edmonton showed some heart and came back from a 4-2 deficit to beat the Caps in Washington, 5-4 in a shootout.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Parise's game-tying goal last night was a beaut. Knocks a clearing attempt out of the air with his stick and puts it in the net.

[NHL]2014020687-488-h[/NHL]

That team is night and day with him in the lineup.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Whitney left some great memories in Carolina. The set-up for Sutter's goal against Boston was one that stands out. As was his natural hattrick in less than two minutes.

And unless I'm mistaken, he had a big part in both playoff runs. 06 speaks for itself, but I believe he was on the ice for Staal's Game 7 goal against the Devils and he set up Walker for the OT Game 7 goal against Boston.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
And he video bombed (is that a thing?) every Tripp pregame interview, which made me laugh every time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Whitney left some great memories in Carolina. The set-up for Sutter's goal against Boston was one that stands out. As was his natural hattrick in less than two minutes.

And unless I'm mistaken, he had a big part in both playoff runs. 06 speaks for itself, but I believe he was on the ice for Staal's Game 7 goal against the Devils and he set up Walker for the OT Game 7 goal against Boston.

Well...he took the weak-ish shot that Thomas kicked right to Walker and therefore got the assist. Could have been his intention I suppose.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well...he took the weak-ish shot that Thomas kicked right to Walker and therefore got the assist. Could have been his intention I suppose.

He and Walker apparently talked about it a couple shifts before. They had an earlier rush in OT that Whitney tried to pass to Walker, but it was intercepted by the D. Walker told Whitney that if they had another opportunity, just put the puck on the net.

Communication between veteran players.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Mike Richards on waivers. Too bad the Canes aren't in a position to claim him, he has a nice declining salary contest (6, 5.5, 4.5, 3, 3)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Albatross contract gonna albatross contract.

Dude's been pretty mediocre the past few years anyway. Could see Edmonton or the Devils snagging him though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Except that he's been, you know terrible for two years.

He certainly hasn't been good, is why he is on waivers.

On a sad note, Richards terrible year last year (41 pts in 82 games) would be the 2nd highest scoring pace forward on the Canes this year. Ahead of Skinner and Lindholm.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I don't see anyone claiming him. If he is moved, it would be via a trade, and the Kings would be taking on another bad contract in return and/or giving up draft picks and prospects.

It sucks to see such a #gritty hard working guy wear down so fast. He's only 29 and has already fallen off the cliff.:(

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Kings take our bad contract in Semin and we take their bad contract in Richards? At least Richards gives a F when he plays.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
This would be a horrible idea.

I'd take a stab at at Richards if he had 2x3 left on his deal. Maybe. As it stands, no thank you.

But your Ok with Paying Semin $7M to do nothing and bring the team down with his attitude?

We don't need Richards, I am hoping we finish last overall to tell you the truth for McDavid.

This is just more my personal vendetta against Semin and how useless he is. What a waste of skill.....

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
But your Ok with Paying Semin $7M to do nothing and bring the team down with his attitude?

We don't need Richards, I am hoping we finish last overall to tell you the truth for McDavid.

This is just more my personal vendetta against Semin and how useless he is. What a waste of skill.....

Well, yeah.

Richards' deal goes two years longer than Semin's. He's barely a 4th liner right now. Where do you think he'll be in 2020 when he's 34?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad