Around Hockey XVI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Winnipeg announces Byfuglien will be out 2-4 weeks.
It's really sucks for the Jets. I very hope LAK miss play off this season.

I really hope the Jets make it, they're my #2 team. But the Jets can also just give an extra ten minutes each to Myers and Trouba, so they have some slack to work with.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Late in the Blues/Jets game, Pavelec (who was in for Hutchinson) gives up the game winner with a little over a minute to play....from a shot from Jackman...from behind the blueline....ouch.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Late in the Blues/Jets game, Pavelec (who was in for Hutchinson) gives up the game winner with a little over a minute to play....from a shot from Jackman...from behind the blueline....ouch.

Saw that, reminded me of the one Bob gave up early in the season at home against Boston.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I just don't see anyone stopping the Rangers. Especially not in the East. I think we're about to watch Rick Nash hoist the cup

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just don't see anyone stopping the Rangers. Especially not in the East. I think we're about to watch Rick Nash hoist the cup

Carey Price and the Canadiens might have something to say about that. He is at close to a 95% sv percentage since January began. I'd take him head to head against Lundqvist or Talbot every day this season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Carey Price and the Canadiens might have something to say about that. He is at close to a 95% sv percentage since January began. I'd take him head to head against Lundqvist or Talbot every day this season.

I personally don't see Montreal getting past the second round.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree the Rangers might be the favorites.
Did anyone see the Kreider to St. Louis breakaway goal? It started as a 2 on 2 and become a 2 on 0, pure speed. It was electric.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I personally don't see Montreal getting past the second round.
If Price can stay hot and Subban goes beast mode its gonna hard to slow the Habs down.

Although Talbot has been on fire lately and i dont see Price staying as hot as he has been for 2 more months.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

A favored AV team led by Rick Nash in the playoffs should be interesting.

But kudos to Nash, he's really turned it around. He'll have earned a PO run this year for sure.

About Brassard hoisting the cup...

:(

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If Price can stay hot and Subban goes beast mode its gonna hard to slow the Habs down.

Although Talbot has been on fire lately and i dont see Price staying as hot as he has been for 2 more months.

Sure he can't be insane night in night out but, I don't see him cooling off to the effect of them getting bounced out early.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
So the Rangers lose Klein for a couple weeks who's been having a solid year. Who do they have to bump in to replace him? Yandle. The Rangers quite possibly have the best d corp in the NHL

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So the Rangers lose Klein for a couple weeks who's been having a solid year. Who do they have to bump in to replace him? Yandle. The Rangers quite possibly have the best d corp in the NHL

I don't think that's right. Yandle was already in the line-up. it will either be Hunwick (their 7th D) or McIlrath or another call-up.

But having obtained him means they are better off than with John Moore in the line-up.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Umberger out 10 weeks, up to 3 months. Abdominal surgery and hip surgery.... yikes.

Meanwhile, Scott Hartnell now has six goals in his last six games.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Umbie may escape a buyout because of this injury. Can you take a guy off IR after the season ends? Or if you don't put him on is he considered not injured? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad