Around Hockey XVI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Are we sure the Hawks didn't offer him less money than the Rags did?

It's moot, because he still falls under the same rules as any other rookie. Regardless of what the Rangers are paying him, he could have earned the same amount with the Blackhawks. His motivation seemed to be behind not wanting to ride the buses in the AHL.

This article really sheds a great light on the situation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ers-really-owe-their-nhl-teams-125812925.html

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sorry I read it wrong. They offered the same contract, he just didn't want to playi n CHI

This is why I am not so reassured when folks suggest we can match anything for Mike Reilly. I think he'll want to play somewhere with more room.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
‏@KatyLovesHockey 1m
Former Falcon and CBJ prospect Jake Hansen has signed a 2 year contract with Liiga team Ässät in Finland.

HattanJacket85

Jan 20, 2014
New York, NY
I just saw Portzline tweet this (sorry for the copy & paste):

"Vegas Baby!!! (Cough) I mean ... The Province of Vancouver is reporting that #NHL expansion to Las Vegas is a "done deal." #imhereforwork"

I don't know if he is serious but it's very interesting...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We'll see. That makes uneven conferences again/more realignment. I don't see that being favorable for teams like Columbus.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I see us definitely getting the shaft in this scenario. No way Toronto and Quebec will be forced to play too far from home. Get ready for a move to a "revised" Central Division in this scenario. Probably lots of games vs. Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, Winnipeg, etc.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The sources are saying different things. Tony Gallagher is saying KC instead of Toronto. Quite frankly, I don't see any amount of money convincing the Leafs to give up their monopoly on the market.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I see us definitely getting the shaft in this scenario. No way Toronto and Quebec will be forced to play too far from home. Get ready for a move to a "revised" Central Division in this scenario. Probably lots of games vs. Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Minnesota, Winnipeg, etc.

I don't know. Conferences would still be unbalanced. So LV to Central and Seattle to the Pacific My guess is maybe each eastern Conference division would get one of the new teams. Toronto to us and QC to the other. Or vice versa. But us getting shafted is not out of the realm of possibility.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
The sources are saying different things. Tony Gallagher is saying KC instead of Toronto. Quite frankly, I don't see any amount of money convincing the Leafs to give up their monopoly on the market.

I still think Seattle and Kansas City make the most sense. I also think they should only expand by 2 teams. At least for now. Maybe add 2 more in 10-20 years if you can.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I still think Seattle and Kansas City make the most sense. I also think they should only expand by 2 teams. At least for now. Maybe add 2 more in 10-20 years if you can.

I agree with you on Seattle, but I wonder if Portland might not be a better match than KC? Or might it not, ultimately, make sense to add all three of them - Seattle and Portland in the Pacific and KC in the Central - then put a new Nordiques team in the Atlantic? Does that even things out? Maybe, as you suggest, spaced out over ten years, or more?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I agree with you on Seattle, but I wonder if Portland might not be a better match than KC? Or might it not, ultimately, make sense to add all three of them - Seattle and Portland in the Pacific and KC in the Central - then put a new Nordiques team in the Atlantic? Does that even things out? Maybe, as you suggest, spaced out over ten years, or more?

Oh, I'd be for Portland over KC. Just haven't heard them as an option.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
In terms of viability this is how I rank them:

Toronto 2

Seattle
Quebec City

Portland

Kansas City

Las Vegas

I would be opposed to the latter three and in favor of the first three. Toronto could fit several more NHL teams in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad