OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The West lacks teams with the color red (outside of Calgary and Chicago). Maybe Utah will fill that void?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Maroon had at least 1 point in 12 of the 13 playoff series he was with us. The only one he didn't have a point in was the first against Columbus (2020)

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'm dying. Reading the Laffs board is awesome:

-Marner sucks
-Team is soft
-Can't score on a 4 on 3 fire Keefe
-Tavares sucks
-Samsonov sucks

I'm entertained and will be way too happy if they get swept and we figure out how to frustrate and shut down those annoying puddytats.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm about to win the cup for the Leafs: I dont believe their top guys have the heart to win at this time of year. And you cant just get heart in your fringe players to make up for that.

Line up vs. Line up, with Vasy playing like garbage, they should have swept us last year. Their top guys dont have the stomach for it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I did some poking around the US trademark website. I have a suspicion that NHL Utah are going for the Pioneers trademark (as another possibility).

So far, they've filed for Hockey Club, HC, Fury, Blizzard, Yetis, Outlaws, and Venom.

On 4/19, the same day 'Utah Outlaws' was filed, there was a $250 application for express termination by the individual who holds the 'Utah Pioneers' wordmark.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Vlad Namestnikov: 1 goal

Kucherov: 0 goals
Point: 0 goals
Hedman: 0 goals

Unacceptable. :sarcasm:
Cooper thought Namestnikov could still up in the lineup (many of us also thought he could), never found any fit, and then was dealt & immediately good again in Winnipeg.

Luckily, we got Eyssimont from that trade and he's been solid, not at the consistency that Namestnikov has given the Jets though of course.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I did some poking around the US trademark website. I have a suspicion that NHL Utah are going for the Pioneers trademark (as another possibility).

So far, they've filed for Hockey Club, HC, Fury, Blizzard, Yetis, Outlaws, and Venom.

On 4/19, the same day 'Utah Outlaws' was filed, there was a $250 application for express termination by the individual who holds the 'Utah Pioneers' wordmark.
The "Pioneers" was my thought from the get go. If you've spent any time in SLC, as I have, you know that "Pioneer Day" is as big a deal as July 4, even to those who are not LDS. As you mentioned, the only fly in the ointment was what DU would have to say about it, or how that could be resolved. Smith wants to do some really big things in and around SLC, apart from hockey, with this franchise so his choice for the brand is pretty important.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The "Pioneers" was my thought from the get go. If you've spent any time in SLC, as I have, you know that "Pioneer Day" is as big a deal as July 4, even to those who are not LDS. As you mentioned, the only fly in the ointment was what DU would have to say about it, or how that could be resolved. Smith wants to do some really big things in and around SLC, apart from hockey, with this franchise so his choice for the brand is pretty important.
Smith is involved with social justice through the NBA.

Given that there will be twitter threads about how 'Pioneers' glorifies colonization, I'm not getting why it would even really be an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad