OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Seeing the **** show in Edmonton gives me flashbacks of OK Hockey. Just plain ol' mismanaged.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Seeing the **** show in Edmonton gives me flashbacks of OK Hockey. Just plain ol' mismanaged.

And to be fair, OK Hockey wasn't even as bad as what Edmonton has going for them.
It's just sad, and makes you understand why Oil fans always defend their winstreaks and good players to death.
They know they have no hope for a better future. :(

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Not sure where to put this, I don't see a rumor thread (i'm probably missing it) but

In fact, it was Tampa Bay’s assistant GM and director of pro personnel, Pat Verbeek, who made it to both games. Dallas pro scout Doug Overton, who previously worked for the Flyers under Bob Clarke, was the other. The Stars have had a presence at almost every Flyers home game this season, too, including a few Phantoms games.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/flyers/Trade-coming-for-Flyers.html#tTpZArjTp8XZiASI.99

Interesting notes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There are reports about Edmonton, Washington, and Arizona are pretty desperate to shake things up. And also reports about Boston and St. Louis to a more minor degree. Philly can't be happy. Dallas. Not to mention a few surprise teams who could say ******* it within the next few months and tank for McEichel (Carolina, CBJ, Ottawa). This could actually be a fun trade season.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There are reports about Edmonton, Washington, and Arizona are pretty desperate to shake things up. And also reports about Boston and St. Louis to a more minor degree. Philly can't be happy. Dallas. Not to mention a few surprise teams who could say ******* it within the next few months and tank for McEichel (Carolina, CBJ, Ottawa). This could actually be a fun trade season.

Winnipeg.

jk. They enjoy sitting in their soiled pants.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really can't believe that MacTavish press conference. I don't know how/why Oilers fans will go to games after that.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Bobby Ryan's looking awfully expensive right now...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So far this season, I've watched the Habs five times. They've been blasted each time.

Let's go for six.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
They were off to a good start but that didn't last, sucks that Chicago couldn't convert on that 4min dubble minor that Subban took but they just had to take a penelty of their own and now it's a tie.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
They were off to a good start but that didn't last, sucks that Chicago couldn't convert on that 4min dubble minor that Subban took but they just had to take a penelty of their own and now it's a tie.

Chicago has been playing better but Price is doing a good job. Unfortunately

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
YoungEquatorialGrouper.gif

"But McCormick did the same thing to Gudas last night and he didn't get a penalty."

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
lmao how does galchenyuk not put it away right there? hope chicago gets the W before 3rd period is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad