Armored Core VI - Fires of Rubicon - New FromSoftware game

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The trailer looks fantastic. Sort of a mix between the classic post-apocalyptic FromSoft feel, Dune and Terminator II, with Mechs. It's supposed to come out in 2023. Stoked about it personally.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not a series that I'm very familiar with, but with how good their games have been for the last decade+, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Looks like the Sekiro 2 rumours were fake, kind of gutted. Apparently the dark souls/demon souls engine is actually derived from armoured core 4, so it’s kind of interesting to see it all go back.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dope trailer. I have no familiarity with the previous games and it doesn't really look like something I'd be into, but it's FromSoft. It's worth paying attention to. Probably won't be a Day 1 buy for me, but I'll most likely give it a shot eventually.

Looks like the Sekiro 2 rumours were fake, kind of gutted. Apparently the dark souls/demon souls engine is actually derived from armoured core 4, so it’s kind of interesting to see it all go back.
They supposedly have had multiple projects in development for a while now. One of them was "in the final stages of development" which we now know for sure was Armored Core. But their next game might not be that far behind.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Definitely looking forward to it. Very slick trailer.

I suppose the one thing that could be disappointing is that it's a cross-generation game. I'm sure it's still going to be great though.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Gameplay trailer dropped.

Looking good so far.

Can't wait too try it. I just hope the PC port will be playable. Fromsoft aren't always good there and there's been a string of brutal ports lately

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Anyone played this yet? Finished all three playthroughs a couple days ago and I thought it was really enjoyable.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, I tried it. It's the first fromsoft game since dark souls 2 where I don't mind waiting for a steep discount.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
It's clearly a game geared towards mechafans and people who knew about Fromsoftware games prior to Demon Souls and Dark Souls.

I personally don't care about mechas so this is a hard pass for me.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'll give this one a look when it's $20 or $30 a few summers from now. The next FS game I want to play after ER is Sekiro.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Doesn't seem like it's for me. Wouldn't mind trying it if they put it on PS+ or it gets really cheap, but otherwise, not that interested.

Since it's not getting the same level of hype and I assume not the same level of sales as Elden Ring, I just hope FromSoft doesn't take the wrong message from this. I want them to branch out from the Souls/Elden Ring knights and dragons thing and try more stuff like Bloodborne and Sekiro. Still do their RPG/action/adventure thing, but new aesthetic, some new mechanics, etc........just not this new.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I was looking forward to this, and I probably will get it at some point, but essentially the Baldur's Gate series has taken over my gaming life.

I got through the first act in BG3 when I hit a wall and I started thinking, 'you know, I grew up when the first two games came out but I never got a chance to play them'. So right now I'm playing through the first game and I'm enjoying it.

My plan is to play through the first game once, then play BG2 for a while, then get back to 3 at some point. I do think it's humorous because I had just built this computer back in November but right now I'm playing a CRPG that originally came out in 1998...

Reactions: Osprey

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I was looking forward to this, and I probably will get it at some point, but essentially the Baldur's Gate series has taken over my gaming life.

I got through the first act in BG3 when I hit a wall and I started thinking, 'you know, I grew up when the first two games came out but I never got a chance to play them'. So right now I'm playing through the first game and I'm enjoying it.

My plan is to play through the first game once, then play BG2 for a while, then get back to 3 at some point. I do think it's humorous because I had just built this computer back in November but right now I'm playing a CRPG that originally came out in 1998...
Have fun. BG1 is great, but BG2 is phenomenal. RTWP hasn't aged all that nicely (turn based is so much better IMO) but it's not that hard to get the hang of.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00