Value of: Armia

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
What do the Habs even need now depth wise?
A vet RD?

we don't need depth.

tatar-danault-gallagher
Drouin-suzuki-anderson
Toffoli-kk-armia
byron-poehling-lehkonen

chiarot- weber
Edmundson- petry
romanov- juulsen
mete-fleury
kulak- Ouellet

we need elite player

we also have 14 picks next draft so I doubt he will be dealt for picks

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would offer a 5th round pickbto dump Weal and his 1.4M contract on someone. 14 picks in 2021
- we can sacrifice late picks to free up cap.

Reactions: montreal

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Armia for laine??? I know you guys want to.
U6xWtZJ.jpg

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I would offer a 5th round pickbto dump Weal and his 1.4M contract on someone. 14 picks in 2021
- we can sacrifice late picks to free up cap.
I think bergevin will be able to do this closer to the season starting when teams are finalizing rosters . We can afford losing a couple picks for sure

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Tatar, Drouin, Byron, Weal, Lehkonen, Kulak, and Mete should all be on the block before Armia is even considered and if Danault stands pat on his contract demands, he's gonna be gone as well...
And if we have to many right shots , I’d sooner armia stays for the left side . He’s a puck possession beast .

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
And if we have to many right shots , I’d sooner armia stays for the left side . He’s a puck possession beast .

Apparently Habs mgmt's had the conversation with Toffoli about playing the left side...it's kinda funny; most teams have a problem with too many lefties either on D or in their forward group, we have too many righties in both areas...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Apparently Habs mgmt's had the conversation with Toffoli about playing the left side...it's kinda funny; most teams have a problem with too many lefties either on D or in their forward group, we have too many righties in both areas...

Too many LD's.......Chiarot, Edmundson, Romanov, Kulak and Mete

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
What about Armia straight up for Chiasson.

Habs might have to retain a small amount to make the cap work for both teams.

Trade would give the Habs a physical bottom 6 power forward and Edmonton a big bottom 6 forward that can shoot the puck.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Trade would give the Habs a physical bottom 6 power forward and Edmonton a big bottom 6 forward that can shoot the puck.

Would he even make the team? Chiasson is better than who, on the Habs? Maybe Byron and Poehling?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

Not even close. Armia is one of the Habs top penalty killers. Now I can’t recall Chiasson killing penalties for the Oilers. Armia is the better player and serves way more of a purpose.

Reactions: Dutronc

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Would he even make the team? Chiasson is better than who, on the Habs? Maybe Byron and Poehling?
For Montreal is not about finding a better player but the right players.
Bergevin has been looking to add size in the form of physical forwards. Not that Armia isn’t but Chiasson uses his size.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Not even close. Armia is one of the Habs top penalty killers. Now I can’t recall Chiasson killing penalties for the Oilers. Armia is the better player and serves way more of a purpose.
Is some aspects Armia may be a better shooter and hit a lot more but Chiasson is a better possession forward that can move the puck.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Toffoli is going to play LW

Armia is one of 3 foward with size on the habs we're not trading him for cheap
Not trading him for cheap, he does not have a lot of value people. You guys are making him sound like he has a high trade value which he does not. Look at the UFAs still available

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would love to add Armia to the Sharks. I was willing to move their 2nd last draft for him. We don’t have a 2nd in the next draft so probably no deal to be had here.

Reactions: Groo

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Chiasson is a cap dump. Why would the Habs trade a positive value player for a negative value one?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't understand why Montreal would want to trade Armia. Keep him! Having said that, I would love him on St.Louis.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Not a chance Will stick with armia

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Not trading him for cheap, he does not have a lot of value people. You guys are making him sound like he has a high trade value which he does not. Look at the UFAs still available
We’re keeping him Not for sale Look elsewhere We really like him We don’t want to trade him Hoping for a 3-4 yr deal for him We don’t want what your offering Should I try a different language maybe ?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
There’s something about chemistry and familiarity. I’d keep the danault line together as line one playing the best lines . Suzuki seemed to connect with drouin(albeit for a brief stint) and both could benefit from Anderson’s game. Armia and Kotkaniemi played well together and Toffoli would fit like a glove . Drouin needs to be productive to stay with suzuki and Anderson or he loses his spot to Toffoli. He’ll lose that spot on the third line to Lehkonen or Byron if he deteriorated further.
That is what i am excited about this year; there will be a lot more competition within the ranks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad