Proposal: Armia for Mantha

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Every one of them would crack the Habnots lineup. The Habs SUCK and will continue to suck for the rest of the decade. The caps prospects would make them suck less
Lol yah sure bro...

Caps Best prospect can't even crack the Habs top5 so...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
All of the Montreal forwards are crap and cap dumps.

Edmundson for Mantha would make sense.

Both will get an asset at the deadline!

If Washington trades for a Montreal forward for Mantha……. They will lose value when it comes to the deadline and they are trading off UFA for picks!

Washington could use the veteran D and Montreal could use the size up front to hide the fact that all their forwards are smurfs! Even though Mantha doesn’t use his size!
All the Habs forwards are smurfs? I guess you know absolutely nothing about the Habs.

Keep dreaming, even coming off a bad season Mantha has more value around the league in a contract year. If you don't believe me look what Josh Anderson got from the Habs coming off 4 points in 26 games. GMs will overlook a lot when it comes to large top 6 forwards. Edmundson has missed almost 80 games the last 2 seasons and looks like he's getting pushed off the Habs roster with their abysmal defensive depth... not a good look.

If the Habs don't need Mantha we have less than zero reason to coax them into taking him or getting absolute trash like Armia in return. 30 other teams out there and a whole season to get him going if not
C-YA.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Who in Caps prospects would be better than Slafkovsky? Hutson? Kidney? Roy? Beck? Mailloux?
Don't forget Lane. The Caps have nothing in the pipeline.
The Habs are rebuilding and will soon be moving up while the Caps are on a quick downfall to mediocrity .Then how many yrs will be wasted depends on how long it takes for them to realize a proper rebuild needs to be done.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Reading through this thread really shows how much HFBoards is a hyperbole echo chamber!

I can see why Washington wouldn't be interested in Armia, but he has some value for a team looking for a player who's solid in the corners and cycling the puck, and who is a good PKer. Yes, he's expensive for what he brings and he isn't a good fit in a system built on speed, but he is a decent player in the right circumstances. If you saw the Habs finals run a few years ago, you saw the type of game he excels at.

Mantha is much more boom or bust, and more importantly, only has a year left on his deal.

It's perfectly fine to not want Armia, but making some of the exaggerated claims in this thread just makes people look unknowledgeable and out of touch.

The only reasonable take on Armia in this thread. He's not built for the current Habs system, but he was exceptional along the boards on past versions of the Habs teams and is a really, really bright player on the ice. Given that he's a niche player that only fits certain systems, he's overpaid, and that makes it tough for him to be moved (particularly given his underperformance on this Montreal team).

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If I’m the Caps I don’t sell low on the much better player. I wouldn’t want an extra year of Armia either.

Hang on to Mantha, with hopes he has a turn around year… then at the TDL you decide if you’re making a run or flipping a top 6 physical scoring winger, with retention to a cap contender, for some very nice futures.
See this is where we all laugh. You said a top 6 PHYSICAL SCORING winger.

• Haha
Reactions: Hookslide

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Gonna give any other teams a turn during this amazing dynasty you have brewing? :biglaugh:

And by 3 tiers between McMichael, Protas, Iorio or Lapierre and Roy, Beck, Hutson you mean the tiers between NHL/AHL and whatever pee wee leagues the latter are dominating?
Well if your team every has a dynasty get back to me.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
See this is where we all laugh. You said a top 6 PHYSICAL SCORING winger.
Mantha this year is 31st in points for RWs and he doesnt play on PP1 for the Capitals. Tied for 25th in even strength points and is 19th in goals and 11th in even strength goals. He is definetely a top 6 scoring winger. Agree with the lack of physicality when you think of hits etc, but he uses his size and protects the puck well and ties up opponents.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Wonder if Habs could get anything for Armia? He's playing Fairly decent. He has 10 goals in 43 games on terrible eam. Good PKer
I think some teams might be interested in him for the playoffs, but the hard part is finding a contract to send back, since no one is taking him at his full salary, and I don't see the Habs retaining for 18 months to get a 5th rounder (or whatever).

If some team has a guy signed somewhere in the 2.5M to 4M range for this season and next, and they are unhappy with him for whatever reason, there might be a flip to be done.

It would have to be a player who's younger and still has some kind of upside, or someone cheaper. Otherwise, there's no upside to this for Montreal, why bother ? Armia seems well-liked and turnover just increases the odds of friction.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I prefer keeping Armia, even tho he has an extra year, he's been playing very well lately. Of course he's sitting in the wrong chair right now, but he's not a bad 3rd liner.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Wash still in the playoff picture and Mantha's one of their best offensive player. Not relevant anymore.

But Armia, despite he's been sent to the AHL, has been more consistent since recalled.

He's playing solid defensively and scores timely goals.

Habs don't really need the cap space. So they might just keep him and let his contrat expire. There's no hurry so they won't pay to get rid of him.

Last edited:

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
I'd do that in a heartbeat from MTL's pov, which means it's probably a bad offer.

Still mostly expensive shits for shits.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Armia for Mantha

Two overpaid forwards.

Two inconsistent players.

Armia better defensively.

Mantha has a better offensive upside.

Mantha is paid 5,7 mil, but is a year away from UFA.

Armia makes 3,4 mil for 2 more seasons.

MTL will have some cap space next year, Washington would take the cap space.

Seems globally fair to me.
huh?

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
A joke.

Armia is long term with habs.

Armia is habs anyway.

Mantha suits in capitals.

Last edited:

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Caps don’t really do Finnish players.

It’s been about 40 years since Washington had a Finnish player consistently playing in their lineup over 20 games.
The last time they had a Finnish player I remember their coach was saying that if they would have two more players like Esa Tikkanen they would be leading in the finals.

And after all, to win you need a Finn.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Wonder if Habs could get anything for Armia? He's playing Fairly decent. He has 10 goals in 43 games on terrible team. Good PKer
I think his contract is still a year too long to get value. Mantha I would pay a 2nd for with 50% retained. He would most likely fit well with Kane and Draisaitl.

This thread is amusing af

Oh please, he has nothing on Ryan Poehling, Cale Fleury, Cayden Primeau, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Michael McCarron, Nikita Scherbak, Louis Leblanc, Jacob De La Rose, Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, Danny Kristo, Matt D'Agostini, Charles Hudon and the dozens of other generational habs prospects that we have to hear about nonstop for years
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think his contract is still a year too long to get value. Mantha I would pay a 2nd for with 50% retained. He would most likely fit well with Kane and Draisaitl.
We can't retain on Armia. Probably carry him to next year deadline. Be able to retain them. Get more possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad