Speculation: Armchair GM Thread III: Post Deadline, Now with more armchairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The silence around MacDonald is interesting (concerning). They're either still negotiating (which would be tragic) or they're waiting on a waiver claim (or less likely, a trade). My guess, they'll put in a claim today or tomorrow and if it doesn't go through, they'll sign MacDonald. Kylington is still the best option but a waiver claim, any waiver claim, would be better than MacDonald.
The most likely case if we don't get a waiver claim is signing him after the rosters are set when they place Valimaki on LTIR. Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked to see both.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The silence around MacDonald is interesting (concerning). They're either still negotiating (which would be tragic) or they're waiting on a waiver claim (or less likely, a trade). My guess, they'll put in a claim today or tomorrow and if it doesn't go through, they'll sign MacDonald. Kylington is still the best option but a waiver claim, any waiver claim, would be better than MacDonald.
I thought MacDonald didn't have that bad of a camp. Sure he coughed up a big one last time out, but he did play big minutes in all his games and was pretty steady. Kylington didn't have the best of camps and while I'd prefer him to play LD on the third pair, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him play a ton and I mean a ton in Stockton.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
last year we let go of Kulak. This year we are looking for a Kulak

lol are we going backward?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Just remember Kulak was traded because of Valimaki and Kylington. As much as I like Kulak he is an NHL'er. We couldn't keep him on the farm for long.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
last year we let go of Kulak. This year we are looking for a Kulak

lol are we going backward?

Kulak is too expensive. Aren't we looking more for a Prout or Fantenberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad