Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2020-2021 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What needs to be interpreted? I literally said what happened. I was actually listening to the satellite radio NHL channel and they were talking quite about the Flames today and Treliving. He’s also known to be a very active GM so it’s not unreasonable to think he would be having lots of discussions before the deadline today. Just like the trade deadline most GM’s are having discussions. So I was very curious to see if they would make any deals. And they didn’t. So I passed that along. You can make all the assumptions you want but honestly your talking a lot of BS. Because I know what my intentions were for that post and what was going on in my head. You don’t.

I don’t even have Twitter. The tweats I see are the ones that get put on these boards or when my bro’s text me screen shots. But like I said NHL radio was talking quite a bit about the Flames today. You can trash talk all you want and say Garrioch was lying and stirring up rumours. But you don’t know Tre wasn’t in fact talking. You’re not Tre and you don’t have any inside information. It’s been reported that Tre is a very active GM and is involved in most things that are going on. It’s also been reported that he is trying to do everything to keep Gio. So even excluding Garrioch there was a lot of talk about the Flames.

I’ve explained everything and you still want to say crap that’s not true. You can think what you want. It doesn’t change the facts.

Welcome to CFHF. We brought the party brigade.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Treliving had to be patient and he might already have a verbal trade agreement with another team. Gaudreau is the first domino obviously. I’m not anxious as he has to wait to see who Seattle takes as cap space is the factor here.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Sometimes the trades you don't make are your best ones.
Not when we desperately need a shakeup...

Obviously not saying make a bad trade but I’ll definitely be pissed if we go into next year with a very similar roster (I.e) minus Gio plus a replacement 2LD. We need big changes/ upgrades up front and a bit on D

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If we don't get Eichel by draft time and finish the draft with no major moves then nothing is happening.

Right back into another 20th finish next year and 12th overall pick.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If we don't get Eichel by draft time and finish the draft with no major moves then nothing is happening.

I'm not sure I would pick the draft date as the deadline. Sure lots of trades get made at that time but I won't give up hope until there is an announcement made about an Eichel trade, however long that takes.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Don't think this is the worst thing.

We'd be headed into the direction of a rebuild(the right direction.)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

I mean we kinda already did our thing with the Bennett deadline trade. Most of the trades yesterday involved at least one player the team didn't want to lose for free, and for us that was going to be Sam.

Sounds like Arizona is going full teardown, wonder if Tre and Maloney have had any discussions on picking over that carcass. Sometimes when a new management wants to clear house good pieces shake loose for cheap. Garland would be interesting. Have always liked Schmaltz too but his contract is pretty ugly.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean we kinda already did our thing with the Bennett deadline trade. Most of the trades yesterday involved at least one player the team didn't want to lose for free, and for us that was going to be Sam.

Sounds like Arizona is going full teardown, wonder if Tre and Maloney have had any discussions on picking over that carcass. Sometimes when a new management wants to clear house good pieces shake loose for cheap. Garland would be interesting. Have always liked Schmaltz too but his contract is pretty ugly.
Honestly, beyond Chychrun and Garland I don't there is an established Coyotes player I'd be interested in without salary retention.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Kinda difficult to pull of a big shake-up when your major pieces are known as play off softies, are injury riddled or due for a massive, unwarranted raise.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly, beyond Chychrun and Garland I don't there is an established Coyotes player I'd be interested in without salary retention.

If we lose Gio, I would do Looch for OEL and Crouse. I know many are against it, I love Looch and I know we lose his cap in 2 years, but what topline dman are we getting and what assets are spending to get him?

Crouse would give us the presence that Looch does and OEL would instantly be our top dman.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If we lose Gio, I would do Looch for OEL and Crouse. I know many are against it, I love Looch and I know we lose his cap in 2 years, but what topline dman are we getting and what assets are spending to get him?

Crouse would give us the presence that Looch does and OEL would instantly be our top dman.
OEL has been deteriorating quickly he'd be our #3 at best.

I'd try and sign Suter to a 1 or 2 year deal.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Well I mean Hamilton :laugh:

Realistically Martinez is the best free agent option. We are in a position where we are going to have to hope Hanifin or Valimaki can grow into the d man we need it's so hard to sign our trade for a #1 Dman.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Gio gets taken by Seattle, we get Eichel in a steal of a deal, Johnny signs a sweetheart deal at 7.5x8, then we tear through the league and win the cup in the next two years.

#speakitintoexistence

Reactions: Nanuuk
May 27, 2012
Earth
I keep my expectations low so I am never disappointed. However, I expect the Flames to lose Giordano to expansion and then sign a mediocre forward using the cap space we got from Seattle taking Giordano.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
OEL has been deteriorating quickly he'd be our #3 at best.

I'd try and sign Suter to a 1 or 2 year deal.

I honestly think Sutter would love him and he would be our #1. He was injured a bit last season but he was quite when he played. Worst case, he’s still a really good skater and can get the puck out of our own end and he would be our most productive dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad