GDT: Arizona @ Winnipeg March 21 @ 7pm TSN 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona has 1 loss in their last 7 games... Only positive is their wins were STL NAS MIN CAL VAN CHI... so not the toughest teams, but we are a pretty soft team right now.

yeah I would be worried about this game tonight.
Can we just stick our two defensemen right beside Helle in the net for the first five minutes until we get our first shot against?
Then we should be good from that point on.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Dun dun dunnn

Well, that's all she wrote. This guy is Jets Kryptonite.

Run the goalie early, lads.

1679428224085.png

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Arizona has 1 loss in their last 7 games... Only positive is their wins were STL NAS MIN CAL VAN CHI... so not the toughest teams, but we are a pretty soft team right now.

yeah I would be worried about this game tonight.

Those were mostly home games, and Arizona is 20-12 or something at home. On the road, they've only won 7 games.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I have this terrible feeling that this might be one of those games that would normally set the stage for a coaches firing in the near future. (I know he won’t get fired).
A huge blowout at the hands of a bottom-dweller.
I sure hope I’m wrong!

Maybe we just need to go back to that lineup that won us all those games. The ones where all the stars were hurt.
At this point, why not?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
So, the interview I was asked about, such as it was. If you just want hockey, skip to the bottom.

I'd downloaded their "Protocols", basically rules for staff that were very similar to when I worked in Van, all the usual "do's and don'ts", confidentiality, etc. I prepped last night by practically memorizing all 11 pages, plus imagining 20 good questions they might ask and prepping good answers. This morning I spent an hour on my hair, half an hour on my face, and showed up ready to make my best impression.

The interview lasted maybe 20 seconds and had two questions. "Did you read and sign the Protocols?" Yes. "Can you start on the 31st?" Yes. And that was it.

Then I had a bunch of employment forms to sign and all sorts of information flying at me, plus was I available for Saturday afternoon, 1st April? I nearly said no, that was moving day, until I found out that it paid almost double Friday night's gig. And somewhere amidst all this, somebody said "We talked to Jenny and she was delighted with the job you did." I have no idea who Jenny is but I assume she was at the agency in Van. So, they basically hired me on just my application, past experience, and a background check. And the money is crazy good for mingling and smiling.

On to hockey: I haven't scanned all the GDT yet but I'm sharing the pessimism in here. I'd really love to see a victory, especially with the one mod's speedo pic hanging on the balance, but at this stage I'd be content just to see a few goals.

Even if we can't score tonight, can we PLEASE at least stop the first five shots? Please?

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
So, the interview I was asked about, such as it was. If you just want hockey, skip to the bottom.

I'd downloaded their "Protocols", basically rules for staff that were very similar to when I worked in Van, all the usual "do's and don'ts", confidentiality, etc. I prepped last night by practically memorizing all 11 pages, plus imagining 20 good questions they might ask and prepping good answers. This morning I spent an hour on my hair, half an hour on my face, and showed up ready to make my best impression.

The interview lasted maybe 20 seconds and had two questions. "Did you read and sign the Protocols?" Yes. "Can you start on the 31st?" Yes. And that was it.

Then I had a bunch of employment forms to sign and all sorts of information flying at me, plus was I available for Saturday afternoon, 1 April? I nearly said no, that was moving day, until I found out that it paid almost double Friday night's gig. And somewhere amidst all this, somebody said "We talked to Jenny and she was delighted with the job you did." I have no idea who Jenny is but I assume she was at the agency in Van. So, they basically hired me on just my application, past experience, and a background check. And the money is crazy good for mingling and smiling.

On to hockey: I haven't scanned all the GDT yet but I'm sharing the pessimism in here. I'd really love to see a victory, especially with the one mod's speedo pic hanging on the balance, but at this stage I'd be content just to see a few goals.

Even if we can't score tonight, can we PLEASE at least stop the first five shots? Please?
That's great news. Congratulations!

If it's not in contravention of your confidentiality agreement, what does "crazy good' translate into in dollars?

And ditto about stopping the first 5 shots.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
That's great news. Congratulations!

If it's not in contravention of your confidentiality agreement, what does "crazy good' translate into in dollars?

And ditto about stopping the first 5 shots.
Contravention of confidentiality? So you really were a lawyer and not just a dirty old man?

It's a 4 hour gig and the basic 75 on, 15 off, 75 on, 15 off, 60 on. If it's like events on the coast, that last hour is when the crowd evaporates and you don't work so much as just discreetly scarf up the leftovers. The 15 mins off is flexible and often less but enough time to pee, kick your shoes off, and (facilities allowing) prop your feet up against a wall. And it pays $120 plus a taxi chit at the end of the evening.

Saturday afternoon is 3 hours and pays $200 because we have to wear the sponsor's insignia (yoga pants and sports vest, whatever that is) and we're "encouraged" to pose with the plebs if they want a photo. And by 'encouraged' I mean we have to do it.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Contravention of confidentiality? So you really were a lawyer and not just a dirty old man?
You make it sound like they must be mutually exclusive.

I'll cop to being a lawyer. But if I were a dirty old man, I'd be telling you how much I'm looking forward to the promised new avatar of you a bikini and how I'll have my strongest magnification ready to view it. But I'm not, so I won't. Besides, that would be creepy.

And with guys promising to post in the buff and speedos (and a mod, no less), you can't deny interest from the other side of the gender gap, although you'll probably just glance at those and laugh them off.

Thanks for the details of your future employment, no confidentiality breached. I assume you've already did an images search on 'women's sports vest'. I'd speculate about the yoga pants but only dirty old men do that.

• Haha
Reactions: WpgWoman67

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
You make it sound like they must be mutually exclusive.

I'll cop to being a lawyer. But if I were a dirty old man, I'd be telling you how much I'm looking forward to the promised new avatar of you a bikini and how I'll have my strongest magnification ready to view it. But I'm not, so I won't. Besides, that would be creepy.

And with guys promising to post in the buff and speedos (and a mod, no less), you can't deny interest from the other side of the gender gap, although you'll probably just glance at those and laugh them off.

Thanks for the details of your future employment, no confidentiality breached. I assume you've already did an images search on 'women's sports vest'. I'd speculate about the yoga pants but only dirty old men do that.
LOL

Just a reminder: I said I'd join Macmaroon in using a self avatar IF the Jets win tonight. Check back tomorrow IF we win.

Time to catch my ride home to my temporary digs. Have a great night!

EDIT: I'd never claim to speak for a majority of women, but we wouldn't laugh them off.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Not sure why, but I'm feeling rather optimistic about tonight's game.

I will be there, cheering loudly!
Don't make any loud, sudden noises until after Helly has stopped the first 5 shots. We don't want to scare him.

Can I assume Dubois and Ehlers are both in the line-up tonight? If the DoPS is really concerned about concussions, it's hard to believe they'd let Ehlers play again this soon after his 'fight'.

• Haha
Reactions: wraithsonwings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad