OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Probably only a matter of time 'til one of the BOH characters stumbles upon this, but anyway...

Former RIM exec Anthony LeBlanc lands at Modern Leaf

Anthony LeBlanc has been named the CEO of Modern Leaf, a company that describes itself as "cannabis experts". The company was founded by Gary Drummond's son.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Don’t worry... one of them in particular is always lurking around in here for material.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Probably only a matter of time 'til one of the BOH characters stumbles upon this, but anyway...

Former RIM exec Anthony LeBlanc lands at Modern Leaf

Anthony LeBlanc has been named the CEO of Modern Leaf, a company that describes itself as "cannabis experts". The company was founded by Gary Drummond's son.

You just can't make this stuff up.
It's like a Christopher Guest film...

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I have yet to see a confirmed number, but I'm hearing at least 10 people have been killed in this crash.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Though this was pretty cool. The Yotes gave $250,000 to the Phoenix Children's Hospital this week. I think I saw that they also gave $15K to the Humboldt fundraiser.

HbwFvqU.jpg

YyznQEL.jpg

OEL the fashionista should take Barroway shopping though. Appears he only has that one purple jacket :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: 0point1

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Though this was pretty cool. The Yotes gave $250,000 to the Phoenix Children's Hospital this week. I think I saw that they also gave $15K to the Humboldt fundraiser.

HbwFvqU.jpg

YyznQEL.jpg

OEL the fashionista should take Barroway shopping though. Appears he only has that one purple jacket :sarcasm:

OEL needs a wife to tell him how to dress.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Arizona teachers vote for statewide walkout - CNN

78% of those that voted were in favor of the walkout. Terrible, terrible times. But, it's possibly something that needed to happen. We have been the lowest of spending since I've been a kid and going to school in the nation.

I went to the UFC fight this past Saturday, and randomly enough, the Uber driver I had was actually a 3rd grade teacher. I had to ask what she thought about this whole situation, and she enlightened me. Granted, could just be their perspective. But, a quick synopsis was that while teachers might be getting a raise, they are really just moving money from other aspects of education spending. That is, there really isn't an increase in education spending, just a reallocation of funds.

It sucks that it has come to the point of a strike, but at the same time, something needed to change.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Libyan warlord Khalifa Haftar is circling the drain, and he, R Lee Ermey and Barbara Bush is going to be one weird celebrity death trio.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

78% of those that voted were in favor of the walkout. Terrible, terrible times. But, it's possibly something that needed to happen. We have been the lowest of spending since I've been a kid and going to school in the nation.

I went to the UFC fight this past Saturday, and randomly enough, the Uber driver I had was actually a 3rd grade teacher. I had to ask what she thought about this whole situation, and she enlightened me. Granted, could just be their perspective. But, a quick synopsis was that while teachers might be getting a raise, they are really just moving money from other aspects of education spending. That is, there really isn't an increase in education spending, just a reallocation of funds.

It sucks that it has come to the point of a strike, but at the same time, something needed to change.

State and local taxes per capita in AZ rank 45th in the nation. In other words, taxes are low compared to the other states, so it's no surprise education funding also ranks near the bottom. More education spending probably means taxes need to increase.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

My wife works in the AZ educational system, and I'll be frank with y'all - what these teachers and school employees accomplish given the lack of funds and resources they have at hand is nothing short of miraculous. That said, when teachers have to write checks out of their own miserly salaries to buy materials for their classes, or when high schools are forced to eliminate arts and music education because their football program costs too much, etc., it's more than a shame - it's a borderline crime.

A large part of why this is stems from the Sun Cities voting bloc who could not care less about anyone younger than 50 and consequently won't support tax increases to support education. It's infuriating.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not sure if anyone else listens to his type of music, but Avicii(Tim Bergling) passed away. He was only 28!!! He is a music producer/dj, and made some really great tracks. BPM on SiriusXM has had all of their on-air staff in the studio during the day, taking phone calls from people, including other dj's. Some of these people could barely talk over the phone.

He stopped touring because of health issues, he had acute pancreatitis. Some of the dj's they had on mentioned that he was making new music, and was debating on returning to the stage and going on tour. His death seemed to shock a lot of the people in the business. Granted, he had issues with alcohol, but everyone that would talk to him regulary or ever so often seemed to get the sense that he was on the right path. Sad day.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I can't imagine how much alcohol you have to drink to get those kinds of persistent health complications at 28, Jesus

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
He was AMAZING at producing music though. From what other artists were saying, he was a very shy and reserved person, and had huge stage fright. It's unfortunate that you need to be touring and doing shows in today's day and age to make money, since record sales are a thing of the past. He really did make a lot of great music. I'm sure everyone has heard one of his songs at some point through their life. Someone even called in yesterday and mentioned that the Rangers used his song Levels as their goal song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad