OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Boiling it down to "2 hours of wish fulfillment" is what I'd expect your opinion to be.

You made claims, I responded, you responded with a quote that doesn't even apply to the movie, given how things played out. In your words, how was Luke handled poorly? The spoiler tag is under 'insert'

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
^^^^ The underlying story in TLJ was there will always be a dark side and a light side. And that neither will never be able to eradicate the other.

That was the final lesson Yoda taught to Luke, who always held the idea the dark side could be destroyed. Yoda explained the key was to maintain a balance with the dark side.

This is why you see Luke’s avatar telling Kylie Ren (Ben Solo) that he’ll always be in his head and leaves with “See ya around, kid.” (Which is an old Han Solo phrase btw).

The movie was designed to project the eternal struggle between the dark and light leaving one generation behind and entering another. IMO they did a good job of it.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Star Wars has always been about the story and the special effects. You youngsters may think the effects are nothing special, but I saw the original in a theater in 1977 and it was mind blowing.

The script, directing, and acting has always been meh.

I'll see the new one, but nothing coming out of the SW franchise excites me any more.
As did I, at the age of 15 with some of my corn detassling buddies from work. Aside from the opening storyline, I wasn't impressed with even the effects, but then I've never much cared for video games, or the band Rush either. :laugh:

Edit: was always okay with Natalie Portman as Princess Amadalia though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RemoAZ

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I love this weather so freaking much. I wish it was like yesterday and today every day. Sunny, calm, and chilly. Perfect. I'll take this 365.

I hate it as much as you love it. Mid 80's to low 90's during the day, and 50's at night is perfect weather. I have a hobby that involves being outside at night, radiating heat into the sky, so I'm cold when it dips into the 40's, much less low 30's.

Reactions: CC96

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I just swept off snow from the driver side of my car. Then the passenger side. Went back to the driver side and it was covered again. Let's trade :)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hate it as much as you love it. Mid 80's to low 90's during the day, and 50's at night is perfect weather. I have a hobby that involves being outside at night, radiating heat into the sky, so I'm cold when it dips into the 40's, much less low 30's.
Give me 60 and sunny for the high and 40 and dry for the low. Wind speeds under 5mph all 24hrs. Big billowing clouds that pass over the sun intermittently. Crisp, clear, and still. That's the way.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You guys really gotta drop this Fahrenheit nonsense.

The only “Centi-talk” in these here parts is in regards to those little crawly things..

iStock_000017414867_Small.jpg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The Last Jedi clocked in at 2.5 hours and it felt like it. Poor dialogue, vapid character development, just kicking the can down the road. Lucas made two terrible Star Wars films J.J. managed to make it boring. Adam Driver is an adult Jake Lloyd when it comes to acting ability.

Should have watched Darkest Hour instead.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Christmas is over for me, but it's just beginning for most of you, so Merry Christmas Forum 40, you ragtag bunch of goons, I love ya :xbg:

Reactions: 0point1 and RABBIT

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Merry Christmas! My Christmas wish and New Year prediction is that the Coyotes will win more games in 2018 that this year. I know, I'm asking for a lot, but dream big...dream BIG!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Merry Christmas everyone! Drive safe if travelling. I was driving southbound back to Phoenix, and there was a crash just past Sunset Point on the northbound lanes. Traffic was at a stop, and people were out of their cars. I understand this probably happens everywhere, but this is unfortunate it seems like every holiday there is a major accident that just stalls all traffic. They really need to do something to fix that. Perhaps a new freeway as another route option? I'm not sure what can happen, but there are just so many people that use I-17 on these kind of weekends.

Great choice on a sweater wabbit! If I were to buy one it would be Clayton Calder as well. I got a custom coyotes clock with 9 pucks, and the Coyotes logo as the 12, 3, 6, and 9, and a sweatshirt that looks like one of the Coyotes practice sweaters. My parents know the key to my heart haha.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Merry Christmas everyone! Drive safe if travelling. I was driving southbound back to Phoenix, and there was a crash just past Sunset Point on the northbound lanes. Traffic was at a stop, and people were out of their cars. I understand this probably happens everywhere, but this is unfortunate it seems like every holiday there is a major accident that just stalls all traffic. They really need to do something to fix that. Perhaps a new freeway as another route option? I'm not sure what can happen, but there are just so many people that use I-17 on these kind of weekends.

Great choice on a sweater wabbit! If I were to buy one it would be Clayton Calder as well. I got a custom coyotes clock with 9 pucks, and the Coyotes logo as the 12, 3, 6, and 9, and a sweatshirt that looks like one of the Coyotes practice sweaters. My parents know the key to my heart haha.

Interstate 11 will relieve some of the 17 congestion.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Video 'gaming disorder' to be officially labeled as a disease

The addictive nature of video gaming has been a matter of conjecture, and the WHO designation affirms it as a mental-health issue, said Reiland, a child and family therapist at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse who also teaches a class on addictive behaviors at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
His students have been studying the issue of video games’ addictiveness for six years, Reiland said.
Also hailing the designation is Amber Sherman, addiction treatment supervisor at Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare, who said, “I think that is a big step forward in treatment. We see that type of addiction, and hopefully that will help.”
The draft of WHO’s 11th update of its International Classification of Diseases defines gaming disorder as “a pattern of persistent or recurrent gaming behavior (‘digital gaming’ or ‘video-gaming’), which may be online (i.e., over the internet) or offline.”
Indications of the disorder that WHO lists include:
Impaired control over gaming, such as frequency, intensity and ability to quit.
Giving increasing attention to gaming to the extent that it takes precedence over other interests and daily activities.
And “continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences.”
Nobody mentioned it, but it’s worth considering that internet phenomena of today such as “Words With Friends,” “Candy Crush” and similar pastimes are as addictive as any. They may not induce the hypnotic trance of “Pong,” Atari’s ping-pong-based creation that was one of the first video games ever made when it hit the market in 1972, but they easily can take over one’s life, and the human interaction is hardly a redeeming factor, being a remote element.
The specification of video gaming as a disorder is expected to prompt insurance companies to cover it in their health plans, an industry observer said.
“A lot of people will be confused that it isn’t tied to something ingested,” Reiland said, adding, “The message here really is that the brain is affected by video gaming” in a fashion similar to that of alcohol and other drugs.

Argument Over a Call of Duty Wager Match Leads to a Deadly Swatting Incident After False Address Posted | Esports News & Videos | Dexerto

An argument between two competitive Call of Duty players has lead to a man being killed by police in Kansas after authorities were incorrectly informed he was holding someone hostage.
It is being reported across the competitive CoD community that a $2 wager match on the evening of Thursday December 28th descended into two team mates arguing with each other after losing the match, and threatening each other to be swatted.

Swatting is a common high risk hoax that involves calling the police and advising there is a situation taking place at an address. The hoax is often one that authorities will take extremely seriously, sending heavily armored personnel to an address in order to deal with the situation. In this instance, it appears to have got an innocent man killed.
The two CoD players reportedly got into an argument over a small money loss on UMG’s wager platform online (view match) and threatened to swat each other, with one of the players sending the other incorrect details of an address nearby to a known swatter, who was reportedly responsible for the CWL Dallas bomb hoax evacuations.
A local news website in Kansas has reported that the Wichita police were responding to a homicide and hostage situation, and when a 28 year old man answered the door, the officer in attendance discharged his weapon. The man was taken to hospital but later pronounced dead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad