Confirmed with Link: [ARI/TOR] Conor Timmins to Toronto for Curtis Douglas

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
At a glance I like to move for the Leafs. Former 1st round pedigree. Even if he tops out as a Dermott level #5 guy, that has value.

For a guy who has an outside chance to become an NHL 4C for a few games one day.

Reactions: Macallan18 and Kanu

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Curious to know who are the other 9.

Wayne Simmonds
Jake Muzzin
Jared McCann
Nick Ritchie
Matt Murray
Jack Campbell
Michael Bunting
Rasmus Sandin
Connor Timmins
Robin Lehner (for salary retention purposes)

And since he hasnt put in retirement papers yet, the 11th is Joe Thornton.

Mac Hollowell could be the 11th if you dont think Lehner counts. Other Soo players Dubas acquired but didnt make the NHL are Ryan Sproul, Andrew Campbell, Tyler Gaudet, Jack Kopacka and the late Ray Emery.

Dubas also likes to acquire players he was an agent for or from the agency he worked at. We all know about Kyle Clifford but he was also Calle Jarnkrok's agent. Raze Sports bought Uptown Sports (the agency Dubas worked at) and since then here are the players Dubas as acquired from Raze Sports;

-Byron Froese
-Calvin Pickard
-Joe Blandisi
-Kyle Clifford (a 2nd time)
-Mike Giordano
-Sam Carrick
-Zach Hyman

Last edited:
Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Whatever. Douglas was doing nothing in the AHL. Still though, hope he’s not the next Marchment.

Timmins is no doubt a reclamation project. Hope he works out.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Whatever. Douglas was doing nothing in the AHL. Still though, hope he’s not the next Marchment.

Timmins is no doubt a reclamation project. Hope he works out.
Bill Armstrong knows a thing or two about team building and talent...I dunno about this one; Last year's numbers looked good for Douglas. Even if it's fourth line patrol, you're icing a 7ft center on skates who will fight.

I think timing is so crucial, and sometimes you have to graduate to find out what you've got and my sense is Douglas should have been given some time with the big club to see what he could do against NHL competition. But just as important, to see what impact he would have on our club's confidence.

Reactions: Clyde Brewer

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This is essentially the Korshkov-Galchenyuk deal v2.

Loved Timmins as a prospect but he's missed massive amounts of development time from his D+2 until now. If he can stay healthy as a #6 it's a fine deal, considering the blueline injuries right now.

Surprised management is giving up on Douglas after a dozen bad games but his ceiling is a 4C without much defensive acumen.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

RD616

May 4, 2010
Wayne Simmonds
Jake Muzzin
Jared McCann
Nick Ritchie
Matt Murray
Jack Campbell
Michael Bunting
Rasmus Sandin
Connor Timmins
Robin Lehner (for salary retention purposes)

And since he hasnt put in retirement papers yet, the 11th is Joe Thornton.

Mac Hollowell could be the 11th if you dont think Lehner counts. Other Soo players Dubas acquired but didnt make the NHL are Ryan Sproul, Andrew Campbell, Jack Kopacka and the late Ray Emery.
I actually was asking about the ones that we haven't traded for yet. Just trying to get some insider info on upcoming trades.. haha.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Because we just traded a depth forward who brings size and physicality and if they suck, at least they would actually bring value.

To make this trade worse, Arizona wanted to waive him but we didn't have a contract spot so had to make a trade to get him. FML
There's no guarantee that he makes it down to the Leafs without a prior claim from a team with higher waiver priority. It's also tough to know if Arizona would have traded Timmins for a pick instead.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I was one of the bigger Douglas fans last year. He really showed some promise.

He was physical, plenty of emotion, fought, looked decent, put up some points.

This year, one assist. No physicality of note, hasn’t stood up for teammates when he’s had a chance and has been a regular Marlies scratch of late. His skating has actually regressed. Not good enough to even play on the Marlies as of late, and the the typical crowd has a meltdown.

Any chance to have a meltdown, or criticize and these people take it. It’s the tantrum crowd. Chances are these people haven’t watched a single game of the Marlies this year!!!

If Timmins is ever healthy, he’s a top 4 D. If Douglas ever puts it together, he might become a regular AHL player.

This is Timmins scouting report pre draft. Good sized d man, with decent skating, offensive instincts who can play physical.

I was probably leading the charge on Douglas last year, but he’s most certainly not that guy this year. Even last year, he didn’t have the skating for the NHL. If you haven’t watched him at all this year, and are mad, you really are posting from a place of ignorance.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I actually was asking about the ones that we haven't traded for yet. Just trying to get some insider info on upcoming trades.. haha.

Oh haha, here they are;

-Jeff Carter (Cliff Fletcher has a done deal for him)
-Darnell Nurse (Leafs were rumored to be after him)
-Nick Cousins
-Colin Miller (Leafs were rumored to be after him)
-Anthony DeAngelo
-Barrett Hayton (Leafs were rumored to be after him)
-Morgan Frost
-Boris Katchouk
-Colin White (Leafs were rumored to be after him)

Since Dubas became GM there have been 30 Soo players to play in the NHL, Dubas acquired 13 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: RD616

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Curtis Douglas turns into another Marchment lmaoo

Does this Timmins kid have any sort of grit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad