Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim F Adam Ruzicka off waivers from the Flames

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Here's a report pointing to a shoulder injury and/or insinuating that CGY may have brought him back prematurely. FWIW.

Reactions: hn777

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He's just big. Not a power forward at all.

good luck in AZ Ruz
That's part of the "power forward" development curve. Sometimes they go soft for years and then one day they're 28 and riding shotgun on a top line, retrieving pucks and battling in front of the net in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Or they're in Finnish 2nd Division, who knows! That's the fun!

Bond

May 10, 2012
Here's a report pointing to a shoulder injury and/or insinuating that CGY may have brought him back prematurely. FWIW.

Is his shoulder connected to his give a f*** meter? If not then who cares

• Haha
Reactions: andora

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Guys softer than Mangiapane. It's frustrating as hell to watch.

I bought in hard last year but the Colborne/Jankowski comparisons are strong. I've fallen for it three f***ing times.
I never bought it. I went and saw him multiple times in Junior here in Ontario, as I do with most OHL Flame draftees. I never walked away impressed. He was always invisible except on the powerplay. He generally would show up on the score sheet, but I never saw anything spectacular and I saw the exact same thing with the Flames.

Hope he can find some consistency in Arizona.

Reactions: biturbo19

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That's part of the "power forward" development curve. Sometimes they go soft for years and then one day they're 28 and riding shotgun on a top line, retrieving pucks and battling in front of the net in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Or they're in Finnish 2nd Division, who knows! That's the fun!

Well I mean I've watched him for his entire pro career and I think I can say pretty definitively he will not be a power forward. Not every guy with size has to be that. Doesn't mean he can't be an effective player at this level but he does have to learn to battle better.

He was off to a decent start before that. No call on that hit and no call on the one that sent Tanev out of the lineup either which was actually worse.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
High potential for Conroy to look mighty foolish on this one.

A stable role and some quality skilled linemates and Ruzicka could take off

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
High potential for Conroy to look mighty foolish on this one.

A stable role and some quality skilled linemates and Ruzicka could take off
There’s almost no chance lol. Maybe at most there’s a low chance Conroy looks foolish here. The bottom-10 teams in the league passed on him for free. He’s never getting a stable role with quality linemates and is gonna be a perennial NHL/AHL tweener imo

Reactions: Haatley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad