Are you more likely to cheer or boo for the return of Dion Saturday night?

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I voted for cheer, because there was no option for indifference. I wish him the best except when playing the Leafs, but am also happy that his contract is no longer a hinderence to a rebuild. Nonis was and is the real villain there.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I went to a game during the height of the Larry Murphy hate at MLG, I cheered every time the guy touched the puck, I was so annoyed at the peanut gallery booing him all the time.

Have some class people.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'd do neither. I'd cheer for the current team. I have no reason to question his effort for the team when he was here but there really were no accomplishments during his time to celebrate either. All the best to him, that's it.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
It's going to be an embarrassment if he gets booed and will look horrible on the collective fanbase. Just stay quiet if you don't like him.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Double dose of meh, just like the team that he played on.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Would be disgusted with our fan base if Phaneuf gets booed. He was 100% a pro, and handled all the ******** that went on very well.

Its not his fault the franchise put him in a position not to succeed. They thrusted him into roles he shouldnt have been in. He tried his best, and thats all you can really ask out of someone, as corny as it may sound.

Judging by what the players have said, it seems like he was a great guy and a pretty good captain.

finnbalor*

Polite cheer? We collectively hated him in this uniform, booing him isn't a personal attack. Just a game, we want to boo him.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I won't do anything. That is until he blows a tire or has a bad pinch then I'll just laugh at the Sens taking on that horrible contract.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Absolutely cheer for the guy. I hope he can rep the Leafs in some capacity after he retires.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Neither boo nor cheer. Just a small acknowledgement during the tv timeout "thank you".

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I laugh at all the people on here saying he played his heart out etc....he had no heart, avoiding taking checks almost all the time. Second to most pucks or simply stood in front of the net while his playing partner did the heavy lifting...

Avoided the media when he played like crap, huge part of salute gate, left the ice when his team mate was awaiting a stretcher, went to Burke and complained about his playing partners or team mates...he was a horrible captain.

I would not boo, but I would not cheer as well....I simple hope we hammer him all night long.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Courteous clap from me.

Good person, good for the community & his team-mates. Not really the type of person to have the role of Captain in the market of Toronto. Not worth the 8 million he was paid. Idiot Nonis. Played too many minutes & was usually physically spent by the end of the game. 2nd pairing D given 1st pairing responsibilities.

Not a lazy **** like the other overpaid worm.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Nah.

I was extremely happy he was traded but he didn't do anything bad while he was here as far as I know.

I wouldn't cheer for him either though because I don't have fond memories of him and I've wished he went somewhere else for years.

Indifference as others have said. I want to move on with the new guys and forget the past 10 years really.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I honestly couldn't care less. He wasn't as bad as some made him out to be and he was no where near captain material either. He's the type of player that will be easily forgotten once he's retired.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
I laugh at all the people on here saying he played his heart out etc....he had no heart, avoiding taking checks almost all the time. Second to most pucks or simply stood in front of the net while his playing partner did the heavy lifting...

Avoided the media when he played like crap, huge part of salute gate, left the ice when his team mate was awaiting a stretcher, went to Burke and complained about his playing partners or team mates...he was a horrible captain.

I would not boo, but I would not cheer as well....I simple hope we hammer him all night long.

I respect this post a lot, but if his teammates felt the same way about him I don't think they'd be praising him as much as they are these last few days, meaning, they empathized with him and understood some of his troubles and didn't want to be him. He's had an insanely controversial time here in Toronto and I am shocked so many people 'forget' or 'forgive' him, I am one of them, but, not to a far extent... I hated him all the way up until this season, where I felt he changed and finally won over the team and the fans, but I remember everything up until today and will never place him as one of the Leafs greats, ever. Never should have been captain, and for the most part, was an insanely failed one at that.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully he gets cheered. The guy acted like a pro and it's not his fault the Leafs gave him a fat contract that was near impossible to live up to!

Still hate the Sens as much as ever but hopefully Dion's does well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad