Are we seeing a lacrosse goal in these playoffs?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
We've yet to see someone pull it off in the playoffs (I believe). I saw Arvidsson attempt one for Nashville many years back before it was cool, but he stuffed it in the goalie's chest. Is someone gonna whip it out these playoffs and if so, who?

I think Ryan McLeod does it!

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Nah but we are going to see a one timer slap shot in them lacrosse playoffs.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
We've yet to see someone pull it off in the playoffs (I believe). I saw Arvidsson attempt one for Nashville many years back before it was cool, but he stuffed it in the goalie's chest. Is someone gonna whip it out these playoffs and if so, who?

I think Ryan McLeod does it!
If anyone does it it will be the guy who brought it to the NHL Mr. SVECHNIKOV

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Hope not. Move is sorta bush-league, and not much better than grabbing puck, then tossing puck in net. Many NHLer's can grab/put puck on end of their stick, and then it's an extension of arm/hand pretty much then. So really having tough time seeing how this move is seen as good, but each their own.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I’m more curious if some team will do some deliberately enraging empty net goal activity because that’s recently demonstrated to get the hotheads all discombobulated.

Super style points for a lacrosse goal into an empty net. See if it can make Morgan Rielly go postal.

I think this first round matchup between the league’s rattiest rat and the leagues most-overreactive-empty-net-goal-sufferer has real potential. If Marchand is going in on an empty net do you really think he’ll choose to score a conventional empty net goal? Not a chance. He’s probably already practicing his empty net enragement method. Lie down and give it the ole “pool cue” play?

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I’m more curious if some team will do some deliberately enraging empty net goal activity because that’s recently demonstrated to get the hotheads all discombobulated.

Super style points for a lacrosse goal into an empty net. See if it can make Morgan Rielly go postal.

I think this first round matchup between the league’s rattiest rat and the leagues most-overreactive-empty-net-goal-sufferer has real potential. If Marchand is going in on an empty net do you really think he’ll choose to score a conventional empty net goal? Not a chance. He’s probably already practicing his empty net enragement method. Lie down and give it the ole “pool cue” play?

That would be f***ing hilarious, but also a good way to give the other team some bulletin board material. Hell, Lucic pounding his chest got the Habs all up in arms 10 years ago and they ended up beating the Bruins

and then Lucic threatened to kill Dale Weise, but eh you get my point.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Hope not. Move is sorta bush-league, and not much better than grabbing puck, then tossing puck in net. Many NHLer's can grab/put puck on end of their stick, and then it's an extension of arm/hand pretty much then. So really having tough time seeing how this move is seen as good, but each their own.
My zero-talent ass could get a puck on my blade when I was 12. No idea why people are so impressed with this move.

Reactions: BB79 and DamonDRW

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
And the amount of times it's happened, it's hardly special anymore.
I'm in the same crowd, the first few were interesting but I'm rather tired of them now.

That said, it would be something if it was game 7 in overtime and someone had the stones to try scoring one though.

how far does it go is the question. does a player pick it up on a breakaway and do all that weird crap and score cause I sure hope not
If they do I hope they fail to score then the other team goes down the end and scores a nice hockey goal on them :laugh:

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Surprised it still gets this much hate.

It's just a move. If it works to score, why not? You don't want your team to capitalize on scoring opportunities for the sake of people disliking the move?

No longer cool or unique, in fact it's sort of the opposite I agree, especially if you celebrate like you just brought Apollo 13 back into orbit, but if it gets a goal, do it.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

It's just a move. If it works to score, why not? You don't want your team to capitalize on scoring opportunities for the sake of people disliking the move?

No longer cool or unique, in fact it's sort of the opposite I agree, especially if you celebrate like you just brought Apollo 13 back into orbit, but if it gets a goal, do it.
There is no specific hate on this honestly. People just prefer unique plays that resembles the best parts of hockey - speed, fast one touch passing, one-on-one tracks fooling defenders or goalies such that they loose orientation, etc. This lacrosse shit doesn't have any of this. I would personally prefer Forsberg move or Datsyukian deke to win a playoff series than this lacrosse goal when puck is on the blade for like 3 seconds.

However, it is still a part of hockey.

Reactions: Goose and BB79

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
There is no specific hate on this honestly. People just prefer unique plays that resembles the best parts of hockey - speed, fast one touch passing, one-on-one tracks fooling defenders or goalies such that they loose orientation, etc. This lacrosse shit doesn't have any of this. I would personally prefer Forsberg move or Datsyukian deke to win a playoff series than this lacrosse goal when puck is on the blade for like 3 seconds.

However, it is still a part of hockey.
I kinda disagree on just the bolded part. I find lacrosse type goals to be far from hockey and thats why I dont really like it.
your suppose to shoot the pick, not pick it up and throw it into the net. its just kinda stupid and should be banned imo.

likely to only get worse and worse and worse as young kids love it and want to do it. just a cheap goal that should never be. 10-20 years from now might be really bad with lacrosse goals unfortunately

I worry about how this will progress as we move forward. going to be stupid once half the players are trying this move on a nightly basis which likely will be the case in 10-20 years

• Haha
Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad