Speculation: Are we done? (Trades)

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
I actually think there is a pretty good chance we'll see another move. This ownership group is DESPERATE for a long playoff run to add some extra revenue. I get the feeling with the attendance issues the past year or two we are bleeding money, and won't be able to sustain the current payroll for much longer without a couple long playoff runs.

Derek Roy was a huge whiff last offseason, and if we could flip him and a pick + prospect for an upgrade I think there's a pretty good chance it'll happen. I hadn't considered any of the Phoenix guys until they were mentioned a couple posts up...I love the idea of Hanzal or Vrbata.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
I would like to see Legwand, I think he would be a nice fit, but I doubt it will happen.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
With Schmaltz's development, I don't see anyway he would be moved. He actually looks like he could become a 2-way defender instead of just offense.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Eh, guys like Legwand or Nielsen could still potentially be available and affordable asset wise.

What are you giving? Nashville is supposedly looking for a 1st + average prospect or 2nd + good prospect.

Also, can someone explain why Roy would hold value to a team like Nashville? He's a pending UFA. Unless I'm missing something, he's a cap dump and nothing more.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
What are you giving? Nashville is supposedly looking for a 1st + average prospect or 2nd + good prospect.

Also, can someone explain why Roy would hold value to a team like Nashville? He's a pending UFA. Unless I'm missing something, he's a cap dump and nothing more.

I don't think people are claiming he holds value, he's just the logical piece going the other direction to keep salaries under the cap

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I think depending on the player, the Edmonton 2nd or our 2nd could be used. After that we still have some decent prospects to work with. I'd rather keep Schmaltz over Vannelli and Edmundson over Hakanpaa, but the mid level rentals won't require anything extravagant, it just depends on if they are actually available.

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
I don't think we'll make any major moves, but I could see sending Cola to some place needing a 7th defenseman now that we're starting to get healthy.

illninofan*

Nah, we'll probably hold onto Cola as the 8th d-man. After him, it gets pretty desperate (and that's saying something).

storey13

Jan 15, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I don't anticipate Army making any additional moves. Anyone out there on the trade block that would make any substantial difference to the team is going to require assets in return that we are not willing to give up (Jaskin, Rattie, Allen, Schwartz, Tarasenko), and no one is going to take any of our UFA's so we can afford anyone that would make a great addition to this team. We are a pretty darn good team offense and defense wise. I think we are good to go.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
We're done. There's a snowballs chance in hell Stastny is in play.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We're done. There's a snowballs chance in hell Stastny is in play.

Even if The Avs were to trade Stastny as a rental, The Blues don't have the trade assets to get him, and The Avs won't trade him to a division rival. The Blues are better off to wait, and make a play for him as a UFA in summer, hoping that their acquisition of Miller now makes their Stanley Cup window for his "home town" team, even more attractive. I believe they have little chance of grabbing him in a trade, and wouldn't want to give up what assets they would need to get him, in any case.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Would the blues trade and would the avs accept Roy+Ott for stasney? Right now all 3 are ufa at the end of the year and statistically stas has the same assists and 10 more goals than roy. Stastny obviously brings more to the table but his stats are pretty comparable considering who he plays with and Roy playing for hitch. Does ott make up the difference?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Pretty sure we're done, although the poster above me brings up a intriguing proposition, I see it's happening as being highly unlikely. If for no other reason then the Avs wont give us a key piece we been missing all season right before the PO's begin. Just don't see PO teams in the same division trading to make each other stronger, but that's just me.

illninofan*

Tough call for sure. Ott is a damn near perfect fit in this system.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'd like to keep Ott for the PO's. Anybody think Roy could get us a 2nd rounder in 2015 to cushion the loss of our first? Perhaps to a desparate playoff bubble team? ( I'm looking at you, Ottawa!). I honestly think we could go in to the post season without him. I'd really rather have the pick.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
I'd like to keep Ott for the PO's. Anybody think Roy could get us a 2nd rounder in 2015 to cushion the loss of our first? Perhaps to a desparate playoff bubble team? ( I'm looking at you, Ottawa!). I honestly think we could go in to the post season without him. I'd really rather have the pick.

I'm just not sure with the win-now attitude right now that management would trade away a possible playoff contributor for a pick. I agree I want Ott for the playoffs. It would be nice to flip Roy and extra for one last upgrade to make the playoff push.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would only move roy if legwand was coming over. Maybe im not paying enough attention to roy but his lack of puck battling seems to be from his small frame. He does bring good speed, agility and great passing ability to the team. He has put up decent numbers for being stuck with stewart most of the season. I am still hopefully from the flashes of brillance when he was centering Schwartz and Tarasenko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad