Speculation: Are we done? (Trades)

illninofan*

After the blockbuster deal with the Sabres in where we gave up two firsts (one of them conditional), two roster players (dead weight) and a prospect, the question now is are we done with the trade market for the season?

We've heard nothing definite in the media, and have heard things that could go either way.

Conventional wisdom says Army's done for the season and no more major moves will be made, at least until the offseason/at the draft. He's been quoted as saying, he'll still "entertain offers" if something comes up, but outside of the Miller/Ott trade I see maybe a minor depth move being made at the very most.

What moves (if any) can/still need to be made this season?
Who are possible trade targets?

Poll included.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I would like to roll with this group then take a run at Stastny in the offseason

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If we are somehow able to upgrade at Center without giving up a bunch, I could see us doing that. But if they don't, I'm content with this roster from here on out.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm sure we'll make a move if we find the right one...

May I dream to acquire Legwand for Roy and 2nd?:naughty:

I'd love to upgrade Roy. He's going to get smothered in the playoffs. Never liked that signing. He just doesn't fit our system

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
With $3 million in cap space at the deadline, I would not be surprised if we added another forward with an expiring contract.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm sure that Armstrong will be making some calls and seeing what is out there, but I really can't see anything happening.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If you are saying another trade is out there, I'm curious what it would be.

I'm not sure what we'd have to offer for Legwand at this point. Derek Roy on his expiring contract isn't going to entice them in the least.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We have some 1st rounders in 2016,2017 and 2018 left, don't we? Anymore UFA available?

I kid

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Army wants to add a scorer and if Phoenix becomes sellers, Vrbata could be an intriguing option. He'd be capable of playing on any line of the top 9 here. I also would mind Hanzal or Vermette, although I doubt Phoenix becomes real sellers.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Saw this on Twitter:
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 2h

Asked Armstrong last night if the #stlblues were done dealing. He indicated they probably were, but gave the old "you never say never."

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
I think Frans Nielson would be an excellent pickup. He has two more years on his contract, he's a good mix of offense and defense, he's great in the shootout, and his cap hit is amazing. I think the Blues would prefer Stastny(will he make it to UFA?) as their long term center acquisition, but Nielson would be a great 2nd option.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I've brought him up before and if he is made available, we have to be interested. He's a more affordable option, so long-term he'd still fit in perfectly and we'd be able to maintain our quality depth.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm gonna create a board of disappointed Blues fans with my hyping up of Legwand. I should become a rumor blogger lol.

illninofan*

Just gonna throw some names out there:

Vanek
Legwand
Plekanec
Gaborik

I would have said Callahan, but Ott clearly fills that mold.

illninofan*

We don't have the assets to get Vanek, buuuut:

Vanek-Backes-Steen
Schwartz-Berglund-Tarasenko
Ott-Sobotka-Oshie
Morrow-Lapierre-Reaves

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad