Are the Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Yep. Only out scored them 18-6 in 3 games.
Take the L and move on. Youre embarrassing your fanbase here.
wow man....

The quote was everybody outshoots the Canucks...and you chimed in with "except the Oilers! hur dur"

the Oilers very clearly outshot the Canucks in 2 out of the 3 games they played, the amount of goals scored was not what was being discussed. there is no L for me to take here.

The point was that the Canucks have gotten great goaltending all year as they are routinely outshot and out chanced, the oilers in the first period of the second game were out shooting the Canucks 19-3 and were losing 2-1.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
wow man....

The quote was everybody outshoots the Canucks...and you chimed in with "except the Oilers! hur dur"

the Oilers very clearly outshot the Canucks in 2 out of the 3 games they played, the amount of goals scored was not what was being discussed. there is no L for me to take here.

The point was that the Canucks have gotten great goaltending all year as they are routinely outshot and out chanced, the oilers in the first period of the second game were out shooting the Canucks 19-3 and were losing 2-1.
They’ve taken 28.5 shots per game and given up 30. Might want to check your facts.
That’s a pretty modest difference.
We can probably both agree that the original poster was wrong or engaging in hyperbole when he said everyone outshoots the Canucks. Not that I expect that particular poster to ever admit his mistake as I’ve seen in other threads.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Are the Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup contenders?

WRONG QUESTION

What team is most likely to lose to Leafs in this year's Stanley Cup final???

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
They’ve taken 28.5 shots per game and given up 30. Might want to check your facts.
We can probably both agree that the original poster was wrong or engaging in hyperbole when he said everyone outshoots the Canucks. Not that I expect that particular poster to ever admit his mistake as I’ve seen in other threads.
This means Canucks are outshot average dude lol

My oringal comment was mostly true, Canucks get out shot and outchanced most nights. Your right though, not 'every single night' though! Hope that eases your mind!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This means Canucks are outshot average dude lol

My oringal comment was mostly true, Canucks get out shot and outchanced most nights. Your right though, not 'every single night' though! Hope that eases your mind!
No your original post was:
‘Everyone outshoots and out chances the Canucks’.
That’s wrong as I proved. Now you’re backtracking and saying on average they are outshot by a negligible 1.5 shots.
Not that I ever expect you to admit that you were wrong. You’ve shown in other threads that you double down on your mistakes.
My last post to you as I’m not wasting my time debating with someone who argues in bad faith.
Enjoy the season!

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
fair enough, no shortage of hyperbole all across this site....

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

The Leafs are 5-4-1 in their last 10 and only a couple points ahead of NYI and NJ that are currently out of play offs.

With this tough schedule remaining, play off potentially in danger ?

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

The Leafs are 5-4-1 in their last 10 and only a couple points ahead of NYI and NJ that are currently out of play offs.

With this tough schedule remaining, play off potentially in danger ?

Nope.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
well every other team in their division plays the same teams so the assumption can be made that they have already played the majority of their "easy " games. that would imply they should have a better record than they do so of course they are at risk of missing the playoffs.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Too much talent to miss the playoffs. They’ll still get in.

It is interesting to see that strength of schedule list though.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Does a day go by where people don't obsess about the Leafs?
Nope. Won't stop people from coming in here and complaining about all the Leafs talk, though.

Wasn't there already a thread about the Leafs missing the playoffs in the last week or so? Oh it's gone past page one? Let's make a new one!

Leafs management will probably do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen, futures be damned.
Except the opposite is being reported, but you do you.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I don't think they will get in, but it is them issue, not an issue with who they play. Way to many holes on that roster to really compete for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad