Injury Report: Archibald “Not up to Speed”

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Archibald is a good player on the 4th line what we been lacking is a good defensive C on the 4th . The C has more responsibility defensively . Archibald has tried to do too much for his size and skill set . Fans will miss him when he is gone . I want him back as he is a spark plug out there .

Reactions: Biltmore

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If he’s healthy, get him back in the mix and see what he can do. The team should care about winning hockey games and if Archibald can help in that regard you keep him around if not cut him loose.

Reactions: Biltmore

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If he’s healthy, get him back in the mix and see what he can do. The team should care about winning hockey games and if Archibald can help in that regard you keep him around if not cut him loose.
I mean I guess, but I don't see it, he's got what has basically ended stalock's career. We should just move on.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He is a strong fourth liner and can be used sparingly throughout the line up. Anyone who thinks the team is better off without him really needs to take a step back and reassess imo.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He is a strong fourth liner and can be used sparingly throughout the line up. Anyone who thinks the team is better off without him really needs to take a step back and reassess imo.
I think he improves our hockey club.

But I still dont think hes a very good hockey player.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Miss his hitting. Our PK is doing fine without him.

Still got him as my avatar but I think his career is over. Yak retired in KHL due to similar post covid issue and Stalock isn't coming back either.
Yakupov has 17 points in 29 games in the KHL this season.

Reactions: Whyme

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
When healthy he's a solid 4th line utility guy that can bring a much needed physical element to the club. Our team is way too soft for the playoffs IMO.
We're also way too bad defensively for the playoffs. Archibald hurts in that area. Doesn't help.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not to split hairs because I think I understand what you are saying but...

Even "just" being a strong fourth liner in the nhl is one of the best hockey players on the planet.
I dont think hes a strong 4th liner.

I just think hes better than some of the other options we have.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Honestly I'm fin with Sceviour in that role for now.

Not ideal, but imo he hurts you less from the 4th line than Archibald does.

Sceviour isn't exactly a physical beast out there that will wear down defenders in the postseason.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
What's the latest on his recovery? How likely will it be that he's back at some point in the regular season?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If he can regain his health and come back to being what he was before, you sure have to consider putting him back in the lineup. And not to get into the Covid debate, but he would need to get his shots, so you can use him freely on both sides of the border. A portion of the time simply will not work.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I’m going to put his odds of playing another NHL game at 37 percent, five percent that he ever plays for the Oil again.

I was going to make a comment that may have been misinterpreted as rude in an attempt to be funny but instead Ill just ask... Where the f*** are you getting these numbers from?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad