Pre-Game Talk: April 9th - Where will the balls fall??? Poll -Can't pick 9th

where do you expect the Hawks to pick come April 9th

• Total voters

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
@Kevin Musto
There is still an outside chance that the Hawks pick 10th. Should they lose, and both Philly and Minnesota win, we get the desired result. Most likely outcome is 12, as Florida is 13th currently and they play NJD tomorrow. They'd stay ahead of the Hawks with a win no matter what.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With the win tonight over Dallas Hawks now draftin 12th pre-lotto ...

I think we beat Nashville in the final game and Florida will lose so Hawks will finish 13th before lotto..

In the c lotto draws to determine spots 1st, 2 and 3 ,Arizona at #14 or #15 (CLBS or MTL or CAR...going to final games tomorrow to determine which of these finishes lowest among them) will of course win one of the lithobspotscin the top 3 and shove the Hawks to 14th draft spot..you could just see this disaster coming once the pressure was off and you just knew Hawks would win final 3 games and vault up past 3 teams from 10th then see the hockey gods thrust the dagger in to bump them down a spit from 13th.

I predicted this would happen ...we shall see but it bis shaping up for the "worst case"to happen. WE find out for sure tomorrow and on April 9th ...

Now they didcrunthe lottery simulator when Bob Mckenzie was interviewed on an afternoon (April 5th) show on NHL Sirius-XM radio ...and it went this way:

#3 Spot -Minnesota

#2 Spot - Colorado (via Ottawa)

#1 spot...you guessedcit= EDMNTON !

If this happens the Hockey Gods have a cruel sense of justice ...for no team Management has mangled the numerous 1st and high pucks Edmonton has been lucky enough to get in these lotteries in recent times
like the Oilers have squandered their chances with great picks. ..Sure McDavid and Draisaitl...but other high picks were me and busts (Yakupov...remember?)

But it probably will not happen like that draft simulation..

I predict ...yes the Avs at #2 via the Ottawa pick getting shoved down 1 spot ...

But I predict not Minnesota at #3 but either Arizona or whoever is at #15 moves all the way up to #3..

I predict Detroit or Vancouver will get the #1 pick via that lotto draw ...both are detested by Hawks fans but that is precisely why the hockey gods will let one of them win the big prize ..
I think Hawks fans hate Van now more than even old rival Detroit. ..but Detroit in the East so long now that hatred pro ably faded.

So it probably goes #1 Van #2 Colorado #3 to whoever ens at #15 because we know the hockey gods would never favour Arizona. ..too many empty seats and subsidized by league revenue sharing ...a leech on the system. .

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
@Kevin Musto
There is still an outside chance that the Hawks pick 10th. Should they lose, and both Philly and Minnesota win, we get the desired result. Most likely outcome is 12, as Florida is 13th currently and they play NJD tomorrow. They'd stay ahead of the Hawks with a win no matter what.
Hopefully this is the result. As much as I despise the Mustard Cats, we need them to come in clutch and wipe the floor with us.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The silver lining to the Hawks playing like world beaters these last games is that the Hockey Gods will smile upon their undying drive to give it their all to win. The balls will fall and we will end up with the 2OA!!!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The balks will fall this way:

#3 Montreal ...up from #15

#2 Colorado (via Ottawa) which gets bumped down from #1 pre-lotto. .

#1 ...Vancouver ...yes hockey gods smile on Hawks fans most hated opponents ...who we cannot seem to beat lately even without 1 Hughes. .now they will get both Hughes brothers against us ...if we could not beat them before (our dismal record the last few seasons against them) how so now with Quinn and Generational Jack?

And to know Nett man will love the market g for the league when the Hughes Bros. Play in your building..
Yep...in the bag for the 'Bucks.

But of course MTL moving up from #15 to #3 pushes Hawks down to #14 ...because Hawks will beat Nashville tonight and neither Minnesota or Philadelphia will win so Hawks 13th pre-lotto and get pushed down 1 by Montreal vaulting upto #3 and of course poor Arizona also pushed down to #15 from #14 by this.

You can just feel this horrible scenario playing out ..

I am not saying Bettany "fixed" the outcome like he did in the Crosby as a favourite Mario case (we all "know"it was a fictional save Mario and to of course rib the Hawks with their better chance) ...but in the case of Van getting #1 and the Habs getting #3...methinks the league would be very very happy .
Bettany could care less about empty seat Arizona ...the league subsidy via revenue sharing "partner"...and of course Bettany lives when the Hawks get poked in the mouth by the hockey gods...cause he was angry at our "cheats" on the Hossa and Keith deals to "bypass the spirit " of his precious CBA..so pleased as punch if thw lotto draws force us back a spit.

This is the nightmare we face folks..it is gonna happen.

Get your curses for the hockey gods ready.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It would be astronomical odds for all 3 non-playoff teams drafting after Chicago pre-lotto to all get a top 3 via lottery.
Totally unrealistic to even contemplate that scenario.

How about just 2 of these 3 (FLA ARZ MTL)? Still unrealistic ...odds too long.

How about 1?I think this is very possible and would knock Hawks from 1 2th to 13th draft slot if that happened unless Hawks won a two themselves too.

So here are the most realistic possible scenarios for the Hawks:

13th
Stay at #12

#3 or #2 or #1...

Plan A:

Hawks draft at #12 or #13 ...who could still be on the board for us to take ?

Well Raphael Lavoie...Halifax Moosehead 6'4 198 RW/C...not sure if Halifax used him at wing or Center this season.. I think he played RW most of last season.

Latest Rankings I could find:

ISS #12
NHL Central Scouting #13 N.A. skater
Bob McKenzie #14
Other rankings peg him at #11 #22 and #27

So he could still be on the board at #12 or #13 ...except he has had a very strong 2nd half and is enough fuego in playoffs. .maybe he c vaults back into top ten by his strong finishfor this season ...in 9 GP in playoffs he has 11 goals and 7 assists...

We should recall that back as a 16 yr old and looking out to the 2019 draft many early projection rankings for 2017 had him in the top 5 ....even last season he posted pretty god numbers but this season got off to a rather poor first half and so dropped down by mid-term rankings .. Scouts also did not think he improved his skating enough. ..He should have dominated in tgexQ this season and did not in the first half. .but he has gotten way better in the 2 ndchalf and started dominating with high production lijecgexwss expected to this season. AND who has been better in playoffs so far among the 1st time draft eligible from the CHL?

So will he still be there for us at #12 or #13 as I'd probably our most likely landing spot after lotto draws?

It looks like hecis now now fulfilling the promise many saw as a 16cyr. Old 2 seasons ago . And gothe onto my radar .

What if he Chas gone off the board before we pick?

My next choice is Prince Albert WHL RW Brett Leason ..another Big winger/ at 6'4 and 200 lb range he is ranked by most as late teens to 31 mostly because he already is 19 ....He had a torrid first half. ..no junior was better ..but after the NHL-CHL Top Prospects G his scoring pace slowed down and some would think that late first was his probable correct draft spit to be taken ...not earlier. .However kooks like he started to ramp it up again now in playoffs ...multi-point games coming again ..

What I like about him is the size and ability to create off tgecforecheck and his king reach is useful in pk and he can get shorties. .

I think Lavoie gas a better shot but Leason probably better alk-around player with more uses and can create chances off his forecheck and play at the net.

Neither is a great skater though Leason once he gets going is surprisingly able to speed by defenders ...but I would not call him great at at first step or Edgework. .

I would sat Lavoie has a better shot and hands but is still more a work in progress though I have not seen him oinpkayoffsxthisxseason so maybe he finally has "put it all togetger"..Leason is a better 200 ft player with size and power/strength who create off tgecforecheck but can also use speed in a straight line rush and score once he build up speed ...At worst a useful power forward and pk guy ..but Lavoie may have the higher ceiling to star ...

In any casense both could be targets at #12 or #13 focus.

Plan B:

Hawks get lucky ...win a top 3 spot via lotto:

If we get #3 :
Consensus is mostly Podkolzin LW
But that us notch Hawks need...
Either take Alex Turcotte and be very happy we got a top C (I like him better than the bug guys Cozens or Dach) or tade the #3 down 2 orc 3 spots and Turcotte probably still there .. Some team may want to trade up for Podkolzin or Cozens or Dach so we could get Turcotte trade go down a couple of spots anyway.

#2 : if as expected Generational Jack goes off at #1 ..then no brained Grab Kakko and say hallelujah! Jackpot.
His replacement

#1 :Nobody in their right mind expects hockey gods to smile on the Hawks to this extent ...very unlikely...

But IF it happened. .then gotta bypass Generational Jack and grab Kakko
....and say hallelujah ..be happy ...very happy.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gary hates the Hawks because he felt they "circumvented" the spirit of the CBA in the Hossa and Keith deals...he will in his mind never reward those he regards as cheaters...

If there were a fix on...yes NYR OR LA. are vital markets who need help in their re-build ....but no favors to the Hawks.

In fact Gary might throw a fix bone to Florida for 3rd ..just to push the Hawks back 1 spot and help fill the the empty seats Panthers play to.

Is the fix or are the fixes on? Probably not...but if it or they are on ....well...

Reactions: Rolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad