GDT: April 3rd 2013 TRADE DEADLINE:Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
images.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs go into the trade Deadline on April 3rd 2013 with a record of 20-12-4.Lets keep this Thread everything trade deadline related

Top Scorers
Nazem Kadri 36 17 22 39
Phil Kessel 36 10 24 34
Tyler Bozak 36 10 13 23
James van Riemsdyk 36 14 9 23
Dion Phaneuf 36 7 14 21
Nikolai Kulemin 36 6 14 20
Cody Franson 33 3 16 19
Clarke MacArthur 30 7 10 17
Mikhail Grabovski 36 8 6 14
Jay McClement 36 6 7 13

BIGGEST NEEDS:

Top 4 Defenceman
-Dan Boyle
-Ryan Whitney

Veteran Goaltender
-Nikolai Khabibulin
-Miikka Kupprusof

Bottom 6 Winger
-Raffi Torres
-Ryan Clowe

ASSETS TO TRADE:

Tyler Bozak (Center)
27 Years Old
UFA in 2013 with a $1'500'000 Cap Hit
36GP 10G 13A 23P

Clarke MacArthur (Left Wing)
27 Years Old
UFA in 2013 with a $3'250'000 Cap Hit
30GP 7G 10A 17P

John Michael Liles (Defense)
32 Years Old
$3'850'000 Cap Hit in till 2015/2016
22GP 1G 7A 8P

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
BIGGEST NEEDS:

Top 4 Defenceman
-Dan Boyle
-Ryan Whitney he is garbage, definitely not a top 4 D

Veteran Goaltender
-Nikolai Khabibulin
-Miikka Kupprusof hell no, the asking price is a 1st

Bottom 6 Winger not a need
-Raffi Torres
-Ryan Clowe

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Biggest need: low cost veteran defender who can eat up minutes.

Second biggest need: Stand the **** pat.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
BIGGEST NEEDS:

Top 4 Defenceman
-Dan Boyle would rather have a DFD
-Ryan Whitney um no, but I think with a change of scenery he'd be good

Veteran Goaltender
-Nikolai Khabibulin ew no
-Miikka Kupprusof asking price is too high, play is declining

Bottom 6 Winger not a need at all
-Raffi Torres
-Ryan Clowe

We need a dman, who can come here and eat big minutes.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
BIGGEST NEEDS:

Top 4 Defenceman
-Dan Boyle
-Ryan Whitney he is garbage, definitely not a top 4 D

Veteran Goaltender
-Nikolai Khabibulin
-Miikka Kupprusof hell no, the asking price is a 1st

Bottom 6 Winger not a need
-Raffi Torres
-Ryan Clowe

So you are okay with going into the playoffs with a good 4th line ?

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
What no one can spell Miikka Kiprusoff?

If the price is right I would go for Kiprusoff personally. He would stabilize our goaltending situation and provide great support, competition and experience to a very inexperienced but promising James Reimer.

I want a steady two-way top 4 defenseman to pair with Dion Phaneuf and replace Mike Kostka in our defense core.

Leafs For Life*

Kipper goes to Toronto.
Liles goes to Vancouver.
1st(VAN)+Scrivens goes to Calgary.

In burke I trust*

What our REAL priorities should be at deadline day:
-Inquire about Kipper and if the asking price is any higher than a 2nd rounder hang up on Jay Feaster
-Don't touch Luongo, Whitney or Bouwmeester with a 10 foot pole
-Sniff around for a possible top 4 shutdown defender. If the market is thin role with what we have and avoid an overpayment

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If Clarke MacArthur wasn't injured I could see Nonis trading him because I have a feeling he won't be re-signed. Although because of his injury I have a feeling he is staying.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
If Clarke MacArthur wasn't injured I could see Nonis trading him because I have a feeling he won't be re-signed. Although because of his injury I have a feeling he is staying.

He really brings nothing to this team though and i think this injury is just him wanting to stay on this team i mean ugh . I would love to see him Go on Wednesday myself

leafspring*

What no one can spell Miikka Kiprusoff?

If the price is right I would go for Kiprusoff personally. He would stabilize our goaltending situation and provide great support, competition and experience to a very inexperienced but promising James Reimer.

I want a steady two-way top 4 defenseman to pair with Dion Phaneuf and replace Mike Kostka in our defense core.

Go shake yer pillow.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
If the Leafs can get someone to play with Phaneuf for no significant losses to our core, they could go deep. When we lose games, it's usually because Phaneuf has to play too many minutes against the top line.

Out goaltending is good enough, and our offense is at the top of the league. I'd personally rather keep Scrivens, because he's playing well, and I see no reason to pay for worse just for a "mentor" factor.

This team has real promise this year. When I compare our roster to other team, the only significant weakness is a #2D. I wouldn't be opposed to trading our first round pick this year if that's what it took to get a good veteran shutdown defender to play with Phaneuf. We can't give up Gardiner, Rielly, or Colborne though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If the Leafs can get someone to play with Phaneuf for no significant losses to our core, they could go deep. When we lose games, it's usually because Phaneuf has to play too many minutes against the top line.

Out goaltending is good enough, and our offense is at the top of the league. I'd personally rather keep Scrivens, because he's playing well, and I see no reason to pay for worse just for a "mentor" factor.

This team has real promise this year. When I compare our roster to other team, the only significant weakness is a #2D. I wouldn't be opposed to trading our first round pick this year if that's what it took to get a good veteran shutdown defender to play with Phaneuf. We can't give up Gardiner, Rielly, or Colborne though.

think big picture. How would Yandle and Phaneuf sound, huh..huh:naughty:

carlyle

Feb 20, 2013

The draft this year is too deep to give up the draft pick.

NaiveLeafsFan

Aug 29, 2010
Ajax, UofT
Z.Michalek, Giordano, JBo would all look good in our top 4.

Hopefully Dave makes the best choice, best bang for our buck. I can see us getting Michalek personally. Would really like Gio though.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I'm not expecting Nonis to make any notable moves this season. I think the whole trade deadline is going to be pretty quiet.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
@DennisTFP Re: #Leafs scouting LAK - DAL - Mike Penny top scout, taking in game

Interesting. I assume they are looking at Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad